Siren call to the pool

RaidenSA

Hello! Once again I have a question. 

Storm siren in her glory mode makes friendly tide pools a hazard (3) terrain for the opponent. She also has the ability to move enemy fireteams with her call toward the tide pool.

The question is: does the fireteam, which is being moved into base contact with the tide pool suffer a hit from hazard (3)?

And another, but it is close to the previous: if a fireteam is moved towards the siren, and moves through a tide pool, does it take a hit from the hazard (3) ability.

It is clear for me, that a fire team in base contact with the pool takes a hit, when it activates, or when moves through, and then becomes immune to that terrain until the end of its activation. But it is unclear whar happens when it is moved on the opponents activation.

Again, thank you all, who will come and give me a hand.)

I should have done it before, but here is wording for hazard terrain.

Hazardous #: All Hazardous terrain comes with a value (such as Hazardous 2). If a Fireteam starts its Activation in base contact with one or more pieces of Hazardous terrain, it takes a Hit with Strength equal to the highest Hazardous value of those terrain pieces. 
Similarly, if a Fireteam moves through one or more pieces of Hazardous Terrain, it takes a Hit with Strength equal to the highest Hazardous 
value of those terrain pieces. In either case, the Hit gains +1 Strength for each additional piece of Hazardous terrain the Fireteam started in or moved through, as appropriate. Once a piece 
of Hazardous terrain has caused or modified the Strength of a Hit, it does not affect that Fireteam for the rest of its Activation.

Honestly, its a debate in our group as well.

My understanding is when they are moved through it, they suffer a S3 hit but they are only immune during that activation (Storm Siren). Then they activate and suffer damage for starting in it or moving through it. THEN they become immune during their activation per the rules.

My group thinks this is too strong because you're suffering 2x 3 hits a turn which can be devastating. I agree but I think that was the intention and gives our Stormsiren some hitting power (she is underwhelming in general from what i've seen).

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RaidenSA said:

Hello! Once again I have a question. 

Storm siren in her glory mode makes friendly tide pools a hazard (3) terrain for the opponent. She also has the ability to move enemy fireteams with her call toward the tide pool.

The question is: does the fireteam, which is being moved into base contact with the tide pool suffer a hit from hazard (3)?

Two points:

1.  Even though the effect says "Target enemy fire team moves ...", the other Fireteams in the unit move at half the speed specified due to the "Fireteams and Moving" rules.

2.  You aren't activating the fire team by moving it, but moving through the hazardous terrain will cause it to apply.

25 minutes ago, RaidenSA said:

And another, but it is close to the previous: if a fireteam is moved towards the siren, and moves through a tide pool, does it take a hit from the hazard (3) ability.

Yes.  Note that if you move through multiple hazardous terrain elements, the usual highest strength plus one per extra rule applies.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pergli said:

My group thinks this is too strong because you're suffering 2x 3 hits a turn which can be devastating. I agree but I think that was the intention and gives our Stormsiren some hitting power (she is underwhelming in general from what i've seen).

As an Abyssinia player who has to deal with a Gibbering Hordes player, your group's a bunch of whiners.  :P  Especially when the rulebook writeup of her calls out

If she's in Glory, these Tide Pools are even treated as Hazardous Terrain, making the movement potentially fatal to enemy Fireteams.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, solkan said:

1.  Even though the effect says "Target enemy fire team moves ...", the other Fireteams in the unit move at half the speed specified due to the "Fireteams and Moving" rules.

Didn't read that part of it, so the only benefit of flipping to glory is you canm move them the full distance instead of half distance. Interesting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pergli said:

Didn't read that part of it, so the only benefit of flipping to glory is you canm move them the full distance instead of half distance. Interesting.

Flipping to glory does two things for Stormy:

1. The Tide Pools become hazardous
  2. The Action gains a trigger to move the whole unit at full Sp.

• Thanks 1

So, to sum it up: as i understood, the unswer is yes, siren can dish 2 hits from the pool during 1 turn, cause it count as 2 separate activations (the siren and the fireteam).

And that when a fireteam comes to base contact to a pool,it suffers a hit.

And yes, my local group is also a bit afraid of siren's call.:)

If i'm incorrect, please, tell me about it. 

• Agree 1