Think the game will take off?

Minijunkie

On 12/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, spooky_squirrel said:

This can be a double-edged sword. If they push hard like this and something goes wrong with the shipping, it'll be bad. Right now it's kickstarter/backerkit supporters who have models, so it's not yet too late to do some marketing prior to major drops. Conventions are a great place to do a marketing push as well, especially with fully painted demo models and a stock of available-for-sale units.

I know at my FLGS we're excited about the game and trying to squeeze in as many games as we can. There's some competition with other games (including playtesting), but the cleanliness of play and pacing of the game has a strong appeal.

Actually, the game is already at retail despite not all backers having them in hand atm. You need to ideally promote your products before they hit retail to give those items a sales boost. If you don't that can make a product languish on the shelves. And if that happens, game stores will simply not order/stock any more of the product.

Look at all the promotion FFG, PP, and GW do for their games. They send out free kits and books to big names that people look to for minis news. They pump out constant detailed articles and even some video publications.

Wyrd at this point seems like they are piling all that on the backers.

I was not a KS backer but have just brought 2 factions , and more. Some of the online shops show stock on hand going down .

Very impressed with rules, cards and the models . I wasn’t sure re models until I got them and I was impressed with the range of poses etc I’m old school Malifaux player and always enjoyed the card based game play. 

On 12/20/2018 at 3:52 AM, AverageBoss said:

Wyrd at this point seems like they are piling all that on the backers.

Backers who, at least in several parts of the world, still don't have anything to demo or review, and who are getting increasingly annoyed with Wyrd and TOS... seems like a winning strategy... 🤔

• Agree 1