TOS in Europe

unknownuser65

Well, some french people already received their pledge a long time ago, but I'm still waiting the stuff for the shop demonstration kit... I could rather have ordered some of those things directly to our distributor and get them before, but now we just wait.

Yay, got my package yesterday! It arrived just as I was rummaging through my inbox trying to find the order confirmation from backer kit to file a missing item request... 😄

I think it should all be there, but will have to have a look during the weekend.

One thing I did notice though was that my King's Hand Titan was in a pretty poor shape; the fingers had come off, the same with the gun, and the attachment point for the hand was broken (ie, the plastic shattered). I can probably fix it, but this seems a little more fragile than "we can throw them at the wall without damage" quality I had expected. And not ideal for a rather expensive model that'a supposed to ready to play out of the box. They were very well packed (inside a vacuum formed plastic tray, inside a cardboard box, the whole thing in a very well padded cardboard box), so it cannot have been caused by impact. Anyone else experienced something like this? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, tmod said:

They were very well packed (inside a vacuum formed plastic tray, inside a cardboard box, the whole thing in a very well padded cardboard box), so it cannot have been caused by impact. Anyone else experienced something like this? 

Not that extreme, but a couple of my models were missing parts. Not like they fell off, but just completely missing. I have to find time to go through everything with a fine toothed comb to verify what's missing, and send a replacement parts request.

@tmod I experienced similar...both King's Hand and Gorysche came with parts detached ,Field Intelligence Corps had a couple of loose shovels and one Sharpshooter has its head glued on so badly that I need to snap it off to fix it....like yours mine were very well packed and not crushed...however some boxes were shrunk wrapped with cards included and others such as the Titans weren't along with an envelope of loose cards for different factions... so am guessing the damage happened at the packing or repacking stage

Overall am still very happy indeed with the models...feel really bad for the guys in Europe still waiting though

• Like 1

For me the whole process is rather ridiculous! It is 2019 now. The USA is playing the game. It is being sold below the price we backed for. Is for sale in Europe/Germany however the pledged goods are still nowhere to be seen. I honestly am not psyched about the game anymore. If it succeeds or not is of no consequence. Probably it will die within 1 year, at least here. 

Hey there! Here in Spain we have started receiving it, me being one of them. Let me split it in two:

* After chasing Diacash and Wayland and having full written confirmation from both of them that they didn't have our stuff we contacted again Wyrd via the customer support program stressing out how annoyed we were, specially without having any single piece of real information and extremely worried once the two theorical distributors confirmed they had nothing to do with it. Here I have to comment that I got a very fast response (kudos to Desiree, you rock girl!) and the next day we got the FedEx message confirming the delivery date. On a related note we had to pay customs although it was supposed to be UE friendly but we saved that as a come back later issue.

* Regarding the box itself I guess that the customs did took their toll on it as some boxes were opened and in poor shape but as I say I put that on our customs fault. Only the boxes were in poor shape, the models and everything was there and in mint condition. 

For our german friends, I strongly recommend reaching Wyrd through the contact support and requesting more info. It would be so easy just entering your names to see in the database your orders, when and where were they shipped and to whom so you would know who to chase next. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chou said:

Hey there! Here in Spain we have started receiving it, me being one of them. Let me split it in two:

* After chasing Diacash and Wayland and having full written confirmation from both of them that they didn't have our stuff we contacted again Wyrd via the customer support program stressing out how annoyed we were, specially without having any single piece of real information and extremely worried once the two theorical distributors confirmed they had nothing to do with it. Here I have to comment that I got a very fast response (kudos to Desiree, you rock girl!) and the next day we got the FedEx message confirming the delivery date. On a related note we had to pay customs although it was supposed to be UE friendly but we saved that as a come back later issue.

* Regarding the box itself I guess that the customs did took their toll on it as some boxes were opened and in poor shape but as I say I put that on our customs fault. Only the boxes were in poor shape, the models and everything was there and in mint condition. 

For our german friends, I strongly recommend reaching Wyrd through the contact support and requesting more info. It would be so easy just entering your names to see in the database your orders, when and where were they shipped and to whom so you would know who to chase next. 

ha, humm....I excpecte not to have to pay customs, will be quite ridiculous to have to add 25% to something already beyond market price ...but if it's come from company like fedex or UPS, well ...very few chance to escape it ...could explain the slow process if everything need to be examine by customs

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chou said:

Thanks for the help!

I had contacted Wyrd regarding TOS two times last year. The second one before christmas. I´m still waiting for response (because of the holidays).

I hope that it will come EU friendly. I cant pay customs for a 800$+ parcel at the moment.

10 hours ago, unknownuser65 said:

For me the whole process is rather ridiculous! It is 2019 now. The USA is playing the game. It is being sold below the price we backed for. Is for sale in Europe/Germany however the pledged goods are still nowhere to be seen. I honestly am not psyched about the game anymore. If it succeeds or not is of no consequence. Probably it will die within 1 year, at least here. 

I have sadly agree to this.

• Agree 1

I have to say, its pretty weird. I got my package late, but with no custom charges and it was 11 kgs so I doubt they could skip it at customs.

I do have to say that considering I got just the Tyrant Pledge, the amount of models I got for 125$ is huge and well below market price, so its a pretty sweet deal nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Chou said:

Here I have to comment that I got a very fast response (kudos to Desiree, you rock girl!) and the next day we got the FedEx message confirming the delivery date. On a related note we had to pay customs although it was supposed to be UE friendly but we saved that as a come back later issue.

Wait, if you got a FedEx message the next day after raising the support ticket, doesn't that mean that Wyrd sent it directly the next day? Then what does that mean? That your package was never sent or that it got lost in mail??

German Backer here...

Still nothing. No Email, no tracking number, nothing. This is getting beyond frustrating for our gaming group. 

After 1 year of delay, we havent received anything. And to watch our german online stores selling TOS stuff already, is more than disappointing. What a cheek!

We gave Wyrd our money over 2 years ago. And all we get is excuses every 6 weeks. No response to emails, nothing.

I loved this company, and Malifaux for years. I spent so much time with the game, introduced new People, kept the game alive and only spoke well of Wyrd. But now I am done with this sh**. And I know for sure, that this incompetent company wont get my money anymore. 

There are a lot of other great games out there. 

This may sound rude, but I am at the end of my tether. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Addico said:

German Backer here...

Still nothing. No Email, no tracking number, nothing. This is getting beyond frustrating for our gaming group. 

After 1 year of delay, we havent received anything. And to watch our german online stores selling TOS stuff already, is more than disappointing. What a cheek!

We gave Wyrd our money over 2 years ago. And all we get is excuses every 6 weeks. No response to emails, nothing.

I loved this company, and Malifaux for years. I spent so much time with the game, introduced new People, kept the game alive and only spoke well of Wyrd. But now I am done with this sh**. And I know for sure, that this incompetent company wont get my money anymore. 

There are a lot of other great games out there. 

This may sound rude, but I am at the end of my tether. 

I get that we get angry, we are in the same situation right now. 

While I contacted Wyrd and I got an answer that did not address my concerns, I thought that Wyrd is getting the short end of the stick here. 

My guess is that they have been fooled by the shipping center, and with the last update on the KS I think that they are stepping their game to them. And they deserve some breath. 

While we agree that their handling of this Kickstarter (at least the European area) has been a mess, they have shown me that their support has been 10/10 outside this KS.

I give them the benefeit of doubt because it has been holidays and they could not do much anyway, and because they deserve it. Whatever it happens they should learn a lesson with this because I do not think many people would jump again at another KS managed by them. 

And this message comes from someone who pledged a dual commander and a single commander with addons for each of the three factions I bought. And I won't be able to get the parcel if it arrives past january. 

Tl:dr It will arrives to everyone sooner or later. They deserve some breathing air even though the KS has been handled poorly in Europe. 

Ps: Spain here

• Agree 1

On 1/8/2019 at 8:56 AM, Skepneo said:

I get that we get angry, we are in the same situation right now. 

While I contacted Wyrd and I got an answer that did not address my concerns, I thought that Wyrd is getting the short end of the stick here. 

My guess is that they have been fooled by the shipping center, and with the last update on the KS I think that they are stepping their game to them. And they deserve some breath. 

While we agree that their handling of this Kickstarter (at least the European area) has been a mess, they have shown me that their support has been 10/10 outside this KS.

I give them the benefeit of doubt because it has been holidays and they could not do much anyway, and because they deserve it. Whatever it happens they should learn a lesson with this because I do not think many people would jump again at another KS managed by them. 

And this message comes from someone who pledged a dual commander and a single commander with addons for each of the three factions I bought. And I won't be able to get the parcel if it arrives past january. 

Tl:dr It will arrives to everyone sooner or later. They deserve some breathing air even though the KS has been handled poorly in Europe. 

Ps: Spain here

I actually do not care what they do outside TOS. I did not purchase malifaux or penny dreadfull or evil baby orphanage in this kickstarter.

They offered items for The Other Side, I paid for them (as I might say in time and with the complete amount). Wyrd on the other hand made only empty promises and vague updates. 

Why should I trust them anymore? Because some strangers on the other side of the world says so? 

I demand from them to show documented proof that they are doing their very best to solve this bs issue. By documented I do not mean empty phrases on kickstarter. Show us email and inquiries to the European distribution center. Give us something real, like we gave real money.

29 minutes ago, unknownuser65 said:

I actually do not care what they do outside TOS. I did not purchase malifaux or penny dreadfull or evil baby orphanage in this kickstarter.

They offered items for The Other Side, I paid for them (as I might say in time and with the complete amount). Wyrd on the other hand made only empty promises and vague updates. 

Why should I trust them anymore? Because some strangers on the other side of the world says so? 

I demand from them to show documented proof that they are doing their very best to solve this bs issue. By documented I do not mean empty phrases on kickstarter. Show us email and inquiries to the European distribution center. Give us something real, like we gave real money.

There is no need to trust them, I said that I was giving them the benefeit of doubt not that you had to givem them. 

I also decided to keep calm as I won't get much done getting angry, as it is not in my hands. 

I expect significant update this week and the next one, if not I will tell them again that I just want a way to change the address, as it is obvious it has not been sent. 

But if you are going to feel better if they show you an email (that is not going to help you on getting the pledge before IMO) ask them through support.

Anyway this is my opinion to a total stranger, feel free to do whatever you want, but remember that they are humans too. 

You are right. They are only Humans. But thats no excuse for behaving like an amateur and fooling their customers. And that is exactly what they are doing. They are fooling us. They served the retailer first and telling us, there is a problem with whatever what. Honestly: F*** you Wyrd. Thats what you get from me in the future. And I hope you read this. 

They wont see any money from me anymore. Neither TOS nor Malifaux. If I would do this in my job, i would get fired immediately.

Wow. That felt good!

16 minutes ago, Addico said:

They served the retailer first and telling us, there is a problem with whatever what.

AFAIK its not true. They sent the stuff to the shipping centres a few weeks earlier before sending it to the distributors. I think the EU shipping centre just fucked up because all the complaints I see are from EU (and Canada but they had a post office strike AFAIR)

49 minutes ago, trikk said:

AFAIK its not true. They sent the stuff to the shipping centres a few weeks earlier before sending it to the distributors. I think the EU shipping centre just fucked up because all the complaints I see are from EU (and Canada but they had a post office strike AFAIR)

Cant believe that.

They used different Shipping centres for the customers and the retailers? One messed it up and the other delivered just fine? And the one who messed it up, was accidentally the one with the customers-stuff? 

Cant believe that.  

2 minutes ago, Addico said:

Cant believe that.

They used different Shipping centres for the customers and the retailers? One messed it up and the other delivered just fine? And the one who messed it up, was accidentally the one with the customers-stuff? 

Cant beliebt that.  

Yes. Because all of EU has 1 shipping centre and a lot of distribution centres. I believe all EU shipping went through Wayland Games but there's like 5 distributors in EU. 

What I meant with the human part is that you don't need to harrass the person behind the support desk. We know that someone messed up somewhere, but I don't believe it was Wyrds fault. 

You see that people starter receiving their pledges around... Late November? In EU I mean. I do not believe any company would send their goods in different ways through months rather than doing an all-in-one. People are still reporting getting their pledges this week around EU. And it is not country based because there is people of UK without it. 

On the last kickstarter update they put a form for the people missing their pledge, so start by fulfilling it and lets hope to get a relevant update on our pledge next week. 

It is a shitty situation and I would be the one handing the pitchfork around for blood, but I believe it would be unfair. 

I just hope for the best and trust in this company, because outside this (and I repeat that I believe its not enterily Their fault) they have been a 10/10 company.