Starting Hamelin

Defier93

Hey all, recently took an interest in starting Hamelin as a dip into Outcasts. I have the full Guild repertoire so I won't be going all in on Outcasts, so I was wondering what models (aside from the obvious rat boxes and thematic models) I should have if I wanted to play Hamelin every once and a while? I hear Crooligans are nice scheme runners but I'm at a loss for other Outcasts I should look into? Thanks in advance!

A solid Obey target is a good choice, so that might be Ashes and Dust, or Killjoy, as the most common options. Its not essential, but the core crew is typically low on damage threats to begin with.

Personally I have never found Cruligans as a particularly good scheme runner, but I know others like them. (The Place after interact is just the wrong time to be good. if they are engaged they can't escape, and if they're not they can normally just walk to where you wanted them to be anyway). You might find them slightly better than winged vermin, or rat catchers, but you might not.

• Like 1

I really don't see what crooligans would add, the obligatory rat-engine provides a bunch of schemers as a side effect of its main function. Around here Hamelin tends to run Killjoy for the extremely rude rat-thing where you out-activate the opponent bigtime and have Killjoy pop out of a fast rat pretty much anywhere on the board (some nihilist upgrade is involved). Pretty hard to protect yourself against it except for having models who can facetank Killjoy.

Crooligans work great with Plague Pits: one near each pit to prevent easy removal.

Good other choices are Candy or Baby Kade (works great with the pipes/lure); more standard choices are Benny Wolcomb, as more Bleeding Disease is never bad, and The Winged Plague, as more Blight is never bad.

• 2 weeks later...