matt

Iron Painter - 2018 Results and Prizes

Iron Painter is over! We cannot say thank you enough to everyone who participated in this Iron Painter. Seeing the excitement, camaraderie, hard work, and time everyone put into creating such spectacular pieces has made putting this year's competition together incredibly worthwhile. So, to all of those who painted, modeled, voted, and encouraged the painters: thank you! You have made this year's Iron Painter another spectacular competition!  

It's the moment we've all been waiting for since August (holy guacamole, time sure flies by) - the final results of Iron Painter 2018! As always, it is broken down by tier. 

Unfortunately, as you may notice one of our judges could not participate in the final round but the show must go on so here are your winners! 

Gold

The Gold Tier winner will receive $500 cash and a goodie bag of miniatures! The Gold Tier winner is @rzaba!

The Gold Tier runner-up will receive $300 cash and a goodie bag of miniatures! The Gold Tier runner-up is @ConqueringWyrm!

The final scores for the Gold Matchup were Rzaba 22 (23/21) v ConqueringWyrm 17 (17/17).

Congratulations to both of the final Gold contestants!

Silver

Each silver tier winner will receive $200 Cash and a goodie bag of miniatures! The silver tier winners are @Darklord, @Colour Charge, @Radamset , and @Whirler!

Each silver tier runner-up will receive $100 Cash! The silver tier runner-ups are @icatsai, @LadyDraco, @Guslado, and @Nathillien!

The final scores for the Silver Matchups were:

Icatsai 16.5 (17/16) v Darklord 20 (19/21)

LadyDraco 17 (16/18) v Colour Charge 19.5 (19/20)

Radamset 15.5 (14/17) v Guslado 13 (12/14)

Whirler 18 (17/19) v Nathillien 14 (14/14)

Congratulations to all of our Silver contestants!

Bronze

Our Bronze finalists are @Zanna@sleepwalker, @Natsugawa, @Ayvran, @FateWeaver, and @helldrad! They were each entered into the raffle 5 times (the raffle results are below).

The Final Bronze matchups were:

Zanna v ReservoirDog: Zanna Wins!

Sleepwalker v Ynysley: Sleepwalker Wins!

Corrgon v Natsugawa: Natsugawa Wins!

Ayvran v Senya1987: Ayvran Wins!

Fateweaver v Euclid: Fateweaver Wins!

helldrad v Masskit: helldrad Wins!

Congratulations to our Bronze finalists!

I think I can...

These are the people who completed every round and were eligible for the raffle alongside our bronze finalists. Each of the names below were entered into the raffle once.

Congratulations to everyone who managed to finish every round of Iron Painter! 

AleveilInChains
Arclight
ArD 
Beergod
cbtb11235813
Citames
CMKeller89
Corrgon 
Darthslider 
domperignome
Euclid
Gos
Malvain
Marciosilva06
Masskit
Necsandr
PranicAttack
prosefeorn
ReservoirDog
Senya1987
Stonewall78
Tsuki
Vo1demra
Ynysley

Raffle Winners
Each raffle winner will receive $50 store credit.

Our raffle winners are @Stonewall78, @Zanna, @sleepwalker, @Reservoir Dog@Tsuki@FateWeaver@Gos@Ayvran@Malvain, @CMKeller89!

Everyone!

Every participant will also receive a forum badge for making it all the way through the Iron Painter.

Reminders

Please remember that US-based participants may be required to fill out a 1099.

All cash prizes will only be paid via check or Paypal. No other form of payment will be made. All payments are in USD.

• Like 7

Congratulations to all of the winners! There were some really amazing entries this year. 

• Like 1

I'm very honored! Big thanks to judges and Wyrd staff, it was a pleasure to participate in this contest :)

Congratulations for all the other winners and 'I Think I can...'-ers. Going trough all the rounds was great experience for all of us :)

• Like 3

Congratulations to Rzaba. Happy to have lost it to the champion by only 0.3 of a point!

Both finalists were worthy to be there. 

Really happy to have made it to silver winner,  ashamed I had too make a friend lose but making the friend was the real prize. 

It's been a tough old slog but good to get me back into painting again after so long out.  Now though it still be nice to paint Some things without deadlines!!

Everyone in all tiers has done donned inspiring work and is great to be part of it. 

Big thanks to everyone at Wyrd for their amazing support of this great contest.  Big thanks to Matt for stepping into the fold and to our judges for their efforts.

Now a few days rest then I'll launch my own contest . I never learn! 😂

• Like 3

Congratulations to rzaba, and well done to everyone else. The standard of this years entries was really high and everyone who made it to the end should be very proud.

• Like 3

Congrats to the winners!  Very inspiring work.

Congrats to all the participants, it was an amazing experience (my first time). And I enjoyed it greatly

Thanks to Wyrd.  Wonderful  event!

• Like 1

deepest congratulations to Rhaba and all other participants! It was interesting to see old buddies from previous year and many new talented artists! indeed, great level of works ! Thanks to Shane and Terry for judging.

I hope that organizers will avoid mistakes with future IP and use limited resources for this competition wise. Mostly by keeping judging process transparent and professional.

I hope winners will get IP winner badge :-P

• Like 3

I can't begin to say how much I love this competition. A huge thank you once again to Wyrd for organising it. Thanks to the judges for their time and effort but most of all thanks to all my fellow competitors regardless of what tier or placing you ended in. The fact you showed up and competed is the most important thing. I've had an amazing time this year in my second Iron Painter. 

I couldn't call it in the Gold tier at all, @rzaba and @ConqueringWyrm you both had stunning final entries. But hugest Congratulations go to @rzaba, I am so happy for your win, you deserve it. Every round I was blown away by what you submitted. A worthy winner #girlpower :D

To my final opponent @Darklord. Damn you! LOL 😂😂 It's been great chatting with you and sharing ideas, it made this year a lot more personal. I'm not upset to lose to you (or anyone for that matter), I'm actually kinda glad I don't need to pay customs on the goodie bag because now I can buy that new bust from Lucas Pina Penichet 😂 I am the true winner there! 

I really hope to try and enter some of the other painting contests next year as I do miss the forum interaction, but in case I don't, I'll see you again next time? 

• Like 2

Congratulations @rzaba! And to @ConqueringWyrm, all other winners and participants. And thank you to Wyrd and the Judges.  I think we all did great :)

I had fun as always. Iron Painter is always a good motivator for me to actually get projects started and finished. 

Those themes tho... :D Like I've said before, I always a few ideas lined up that I would like to get a chance to work on, and it pretty much never happens. This time, the only one of those that I panned out was to paint something from the Blacksmith Miniature kickstarter, which I did in the second round. I think that one was my favorite this time, along with the flat I did in the last round. But I enjoyed working on all of them.
But I guess that's also the beauty of the contest -- that the theme forces you to do projects that you never would have done otherwise. The Iron Painter really is like a box of chocolate... ;) 

• Like 1

I tried to tally up the totals, just for fun. It's a little tricky to compare since only contestants who made it to the end in gold or silver has a score in all five rounds. But in either case, these are the numbers I got. These are the 32 that started in gold or silver after the first round.

Rzaba  98.44
Whirler  95.45
ConqueringWyrm  93.62
Darklord  91.6
Colour Charge  88.29
Icatsai  86.34
LadyDraco  79.05
Nathillien  77.72
Guslado  73.07
Radamset  70.27
Sleepwalker  68.87
Boyzdar 64.61
helldrad  57.74
Zanna  57.5
Ayvran  50.09
Glamage 47.44
Corrgon  47.28
Dirty 46.78
Gos 46.44
SallyFN 45.93
Darthslider 45.4
ArD 43.03
Ynysley 42.89
Nikita 40.02
Dirty 35.08
Oscrix 33.48
Gypsy 30.59
Arclight 30.27
Decoy 29.8
conykchameleon 29.07
Reagan_Helms 28.52
Terry 27.24
Annanas 25.62

Here's my raw data. This was just a fast copy and paste, so I might have gotten some of the numbers wrong! http://www.kraftsy.com/ironpainter2018_total.xlsx 

• Like 4

Congrats to all the winners and everyone who didn't give up til the end! :D Still can't believe I managed to survive all the way to the end, the competition was fierce! Good job everyone

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malvain said:

Yay! Congrats to all. 

It says I won one of the raffle prizes. What do I do to collect? lol

I was wondering the same thing, especially since my forum id doesn't match my id for the webstore :)

3 hours ago, FateWeaver said:

I was wondering the same thing, especially since my forum id doesn't match my id for the webstore :)

I don't even have a webstore ID. Also,  did they retcon those voodoo doll prizes,  or am I just remembering wrong since raffle winners got them last year?

Just now, Ayvran said:

I don't even have a webstore ID. Also,  did they retcon those voodoo doll prizes,  or am I just remembering wrong since raffle winners got them last year?

I dunno why, but I coded in my head that this year we will get dolls too and tbh it was big motivation for me xD I don't want to whine or something, I'm happy with my prize, but I'm just saying. I think that I read about them in post about Iron Painter 2017 and maybe that misled me. I feel like in The Mandela Effect a bit.

• Agree 1

Congrats to all the winners!  this was my first iron painter and really my first competition of any kind and I had a blast (made my wife mad on more than one occasion)!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rzaba said:

I dunno why, but I coded in my head that this year we will get dolls too and tbh it was big motivation for me xD I don't want to whine or something, I'm happy with my prize, but I'm just saying. I think that I read about them in post about Iron Painter 2017 and maybe that misled me. I feel like in The Mandela Effect a bit.

That's why I'm wondering if maybe they ran out of them or something, so they could have gone back and edited the original announcement post to remove any mention of those prizes. I also had it in my head that we would get them, and it was also a big motivator for me. I'd totally trade my $50 store credit for one of those dolls, so that I could have an actual physical trophy.

Or maybe it really is the Mandela effect? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ayvran said:

That's why I'm wondering if maybe they ran out of them or something, so they could have gone back and edited the original announcement post to remove any mention of those prizes. I also had it in my head that we would get them, and it was also a big motivator for me. I'd totally trade my $50 store credit for one of those dolls, so that I could have an actual physical trophy.

Or maybe it really is the Mandela effect? 

Me too, wanted to have the coolest trophy ever :) But it's fine as it is ^_^

6 hours ago, Darklord said:

Dolls?  Would it sit nice with my barbies? 

I turned all my Barbies into voodoo dolls, so this one would be perfect for my collection :)

• Haha 1

Congrats to all the winners! As it was my first time doing this competition I really had no clue what to expect. Thanks to my competitors I really had to push myself and I learned from each of them.