Monthly Painting Challenge - December

Franchute

It's December and in the course of this year's challenge  I fell by the wayside some months ago.....that doesn't mean however that I haven't been following everyone's progress when I can...and PROGRESS  is truly what it is...

...since my first involvement with @prof_bycid at the helm to @Franchute not only generously giving up his free time to painting ,but helping us all come together via the internet to share our enjoyment of sticking ridiculously small pieces of plastic together to make them real in an imaginary scenario ,I have watched as we all turned our hoarded boxes of kits into game pieces ....and in all of this over the last couple of years I have seen ALL involved improve along the way...this is truly a great thing...to see month by month people from all over the world sharing their efforts and techniques online for the benefit of others...I thank you all...as a result I now have to buy another case for finished models....

...unfortunately now that my TOS Kickstarter has arrived I may have to buy not just another storage case but another living space !...at my current rate of progress with my backlog of models I might need to stop doing everything else...but good news !  I'm up for that challenge as well...

I will endeavour to join you all again in the New Year now that @Caedrus has graciously stepped forward to run the challenge...due to the nature of my work that sees me travel often I am already doubt that I will make a full year but nonetheless I really do enjoy the company when I'm around 

Thanks and BEST WISHES to you ALL for your efforts and inspiration - it makes my free time a real pleasure 

• Like 3

Caedrus, reporting in for (probably) the final time this year!

@Franchute: I have painted 20SS to date.

I have painted 4 Mindless Zombies [8SS]; a Hollow Waif [5SS]; and 1 Freikorps Trapper [7SS].

mJDnyUO.jpg

Z6cnfwT.jpg

HDEwF2Z.jpg

Lots of interesting details on these metal mindless zombies. A few odd proportions, but lots of fun to paint.

ToeRpFg.jpg

The anatomist in me is wondering why the small bowel is so far posterior...You're thinking about this too much, Caedrus.

6fz8rRh.jpg

I had some fun trying sheer fabric over undead skin. Was it successful? You be the judge. Why is this (proxy) Mindless Zombie wearing lingerie? Who knows.

CthkKpT.jpg

I think I'll have to repaint that back metal plate. On the other hand, I liked messing around with this base. There's a camouflage-esque effect on the blue fabric near the greenery. I was messing around with glazing in a 'stealth effect'.

Well, unless I get some Christmas free time (ha!), that is it for the year. 330 Points. I'll take that.

My best to you all for the Christmas period.

Keep putting pigment to plastic, and I dearly hope to see you all in next year's Challenge!

Caedrus.

• Like 8

Here are work in progress photographs of my two December models, both beasts.  For the base of the Rogue Necromancy, I have painted flame colors onto some greenstuff and covered it with layer of gloss enamel.  I am going to try using cracked earth paint over this with the idea that the cracks will open up and reveal the bright colors underneath.  Not sure it this will work, but we'll know in a couple days.

large.2018Dec_more_beasts_WIP3.jpg.c296ea58d64c4acc984147adb91a8d3f.jpglarge.2018Dec_more_beasts_WIP1.jpg.a5114f83438770a924b7388fc56c645f.jpg

And here is a bonus holiday-time model:  the Butcher Claus by MiniCrate.  Cheers all!

large.2018Dec_more_beasts_WIP2.jpg.a470d88ad8ea5e5aa1e12c55d9c6b56b.jpg

• Like 4

The Corrupted Hound is done, for 3 SS of my December pledge.  The base for the Rogue Necromancy did not work as planned and only base colours done so far.  The bonus seasonal model is too fun and keeps distracting me from my pledge.  I have his base painted up and most base colours on him.  

large.2018Dec_more_beasts_WIP4.jpg.efa5868890a5ebdd918e79aa02304f8b.jpg

• Like 1

The Rogue Necromancy is now done.  When I saw this photo of it I noticed a lot of touch-ups that will have to wait for another day.  With the Corrupted Hound already finished this brings me to 13 SS for December (10SS + 3 SS).

large.2018Dec_more_beasts_done.jpg.399eadc62833e1c357c4bcee4e94c515.jpg

The bonus seasonal model is mostly done.  I wanted to post it before the end of the year, and will finish it off later in January.  Talk to you all next year!

large.2018Dec_SeasonalBonusModel_WIP.jpg.4dfaf1a951c62e6593e708dcd59d283c.jpg

• Like 4

All done for 2018! For more pictures and some WIP shots where I go through the process, check out my blog: http://www.whatthefaux.net/2018/12/burning-bright.html

Managed to add Kaeris and Eternal Flame + another Fire Golem I painted for a buddy. 54 SS in total after last month's mulligan. I say I've made up for November :) 

kaeris-001.jpg

golem2.jpg

Happy painting everyone, all the best in New Year, and see you all in 2019!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

ARGH! Just in time! (it's 9.20pm in Spain) 
Just managed to get it in and not mess up a decent effort this year!

@Franchute Here are my 2 hastily painted Saboteurs for 8ss this month.... not much but at least I haven't dropped out.

well done fellow painters 2018 it's been awesome, thanks for the encouragement and inspiration! You all rock!

sab.jpeg

• Like 5

Hopefully I'll get a bit more time today to do final touches on Manos and Waynudo, but probably won't have time  to upload pictures later, so, here're a final picture of Minako and her Katashiro for 18ss, with a WIP for the rest.

Happy New Year to everyone, be safe in whatever festivities you may attend, and may hope and good tidings find you quickly and often in 2019!

large.20181231_173724.jpg.8655a0583201a7756b9aa42d0ead51e4.jpg

• Like 7