Number of tokens that may be used

Thisendup

Question

So the rules state that only one token of each type may be used during an action.

Then the grow league rules have a challenge to see if you can reduce a fireteams movement to 0" in one turn.

That would infer you could use multiple pinned tokens on a unit during one action, in direct conflict with the "only one token per action" rule.

Which is correct?

4 answers to this question

Pinned: When a Fireteam in this unit
attempts to move, its movement is decreased
by 2" for every Pinned Token on its unit.
For every 2" of movement that this reduces,
the unit removes a Pinned Token.

The way the rule is written, I understand that pinned tokens are giving a passive decrease to the unit's movement.

There is no active usage (by you or your opponent) to discard the token to trigger it's effect.

So I don't think pinned token are actually ever "used".

Pinned Tokens don't work like the optional (player choice to use them) tokens do.

"When a Fireteam in this unit attempts to move, its movement is decreased by 2" for every Pinned Token on its unit.  For every 2" of movement that this reduces the unit removes a Pinned Token."

The underlined part is why more than one Pinned Token gets used to reduce movement.  And note that neither player gets a choice in this use, there's no saving them up.

Edit:  MajorUndead and I posted at the same time.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, retnab said:

The "only one Token may be used at a time" blurb specifically calls out that it's only during Actions.  So movement from a non-Action effect (like the Order) isn't restricted by only one Pinned Token being used.

I see a line in the Duel rules “Players cannot use more than one token of each type  in a duel.”  In Step 2,Modify.

Where’s the blurb calling out Actions?

• Like 1