Trying to wrap my head around fireteam movement

Thisendup

I have read the fireteams and placement effects several times and still lack some understanding of how it works.

I give my frenzy the Tidal Scepter.

One frenzy is contacting a tidal pool at the start of it's turn, the other two are not.

It bamfs to a tidal pool across the board.

What happens to the other two members of the unit?

Do they:

Move along with the first member in order to stay in 8" coherency? If so, how are they placed?

Have to take an advance or rush action to try and get into 8" coherency with the first? What happens if they cannot?

There's a blurb under Place called Interaction With Squads, that says:

• When a Fireteam from a Squad is affected by a place effect, every Fireteam in the Squad is placed unless the effect specifically states otherwise.

So Tidal Scepter places all members of the Frenzy to the Tide Pool, regardless of how many of them beyond the first are touching the initial Tide Pool.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, retnab said:

There's a blurb under Place called Interaction With Squads, that says:

• When a Fireteam from a Squad is affected by a place effect, every Fireteam in the Squad is placed unless the effect specifically states otherwise.

So Tidal Scepter places all members of the Frenzy to the Tide Pool, regardless of how many of them beyond the first are touching the initial Tide Pool.

That is something I missed. That will be immensely helpful for both my GH and CotBM armies.