Another Bayou board

Jwinks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, ChrisB76 said:

I was planning a Bayou-Board and was wondering how modular I wanna make it. 

So you have done a mix of modular and fixed pieces? 

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  My portable phone doesn't like posting in the forum apparently.  Thank you for your question.  All of the terrain is modular.  I originally considered the idea of dividing the table into quarters and using permanent terrain with resin but i wanted to be able to easily store the terrain, but more importantly create a new table after each match.  So all of the pieces fit into a plastic tote that I can cover and store away.  Each tote contains terrain for a different theme.  For example one for caves, one for a frozen ruined city and another for wild west.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

For playing, how did you distinguish the terrain, especially boardwalks from swamp?  I love seeing thematic and busy  boards like this, but I wonder if the aesthetic lends itself to complicating movement and making it difficult to play on and make fair for both sides.

Thanks!

Tht depends on the agreement before the match between myself and my opponent.  If we decide that all of the game mat is considered severe terrain than any model that ignores terrain will have a significant advantage.  Otherwise boardwalks are open terrain, any terrain with trees could be considered oncealing but I haven't thought of an idea for hazardess terrain yet apart from crocodiles. :D.  The abundance of terrain did pose some limitations to pushes and pulls since most of the boardwalks are either height 0 or 1 with a small piece being height 2.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:40 PM, Clockwork_Fish said:

Cool!  Are those GW Goblin Town kits used for the catwalks?  How many did it take to for the one board?

Yes they are.  ;)  I had bought 2 boxes a while back and was going to use them for a sea side town but then I was inspired to do the bayou table and they worked perfectly.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...