Question about regenerating segments and feeding frenzy

mournwhelk1

Question

10 answers to this question

Yep, sadly you do need reinfoement tokens to reinforce. The text indicates the time, that you may now reinforce, but not that you may do so without paying. It specifically says “reinforce” and not ‘summon’ because it requires tokens.😥

REINCORCEMENT: When a unit Reinforces, it discards one of its Reinforcement Tokens to add two models to the Fireteams in its unit. 

Reinforcement rules carefully avoid the word, “summon” but use “add” instead. Below are the summoning rules. Hope this helps.

SUMMON
When an Action or Ability Summons a unit, it creates a new unit of the indicated name that is placed in the location specified by the Action or Ability. Any Fireteams created by Summoning have their full complement of models and start on their non- Glory side. If the unit is a Squad, it only has a single Fireteam. The unit may recover its missing Fireteams through Reinforcing.

Also, it’s good to note that the this gets around ‘summoning sickness’ when the Karkinoi reinforce a unit other than itself they may activate as normal if they have not does so already. Otherwise it’s important to observe this rule:

If a unit Reinforces during its Activation, any Reinforced Fireteams may not move or take Actions for the rest of the Activation.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thimblesage said:

My first game I got it about as wrong as you could get. During the start of turn I summoned entire squads (3 fireteams) due to Endless Numbers. Yes, it’s a summons, but I didn’t observe the, “if it’s a squad only summon one fireteam” 

Does the text for endless numbers say it's a summons? I assumed you brought back the entire squad .

9 minutes ago, Beetle941 said:

Does the text for endless numbers say it's a summons? I assumed you brought back the entire squad .

Endless Numbers: At the start of the Turn, you may discard a Tactics Token to Summon one friendly non-Commander Gibbering Hordes Squad that was Killed on the previous Turn. The Squad is Summoned in your Deployment Zone in base contact with any table edge (with no Assets). It may immediately move up to twice its Speed. You may Summon any number of Killed Squads in this way.

Emphasis mine.  It's a summon, so it follows the summon rules.

• Thanks 1

It does say summon. 

22 minutes ago, Beetle941 said:

Endless Numbers: At the start of the Turn, you may discard a Tactics Token to Summon one friendly non-Commander Gibbering Hordes Squad that was Killed on the previous Turn. The Squad is Summoned in your Deployment Zone in base contact with any table edge (with no Assets). It may immediately move up to twice its Speed. You may Summon any number of Killed Squads in this way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ogretyrant said:

Hi, in regards to the summoned squad due to endless numbers does the fireteam come back with any assets that the previous squad had?

Thanks

No assets allowed as per the endless numbers wording.

So a summoned squad doesn't bring back their little morphing buddy :(

• Like 1