Versatile and Snapping Heads

MrDeathTrout

Question

Versatile says "Actions on this card may only be taken once during the a units Activation."  Does that mean if you have three Snapping Head assets attached you can make three Snapping Jaws attacks, one for each Snapping Heads card, or does it mean you can only take one Snapping Jaws attack for no matter how many Snapping Head assets are attached since it is the same action reprinted multiple times?

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, MrDeathTrout said:

Versatile says "Actions on this card may only be taken once during the a units Activation."  Does that mean if you have three Snapping Head assets attached you can make three Snapping Jaws attacks, one for each Snapping Heads card, or does it mean you can only take one Snapping Jaws attack for no matter how many Snapping Head assets are attached since it is the same action reprinted multiple times?

It’s once per card per unit.  For the same reason that “once per turn” is once per turn per unit, if you have two of the same unit.

If you’ve got your hardcover rulebook handy, look at the second to last paragraph on page 223.  This is going to be the case for both multiple Mounted Gunner for the Dreadnought; and multiple Snapping Heads for Big G.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some more questions regarding snapping heads.

If I already have 3 assets attached to the Titan can I add snapping head as a 4th during its turn?

If I have 2 snapping heads do I get 2 snapping head attacks?  I didn't see a clear answer above.

I only got 1 snapping head asset card with my titan.  Should I have gotten more?  Or should I just use a counter of some kind to keep track of it?

39 minutes ago, cmusgrove said:

Some more questions regarding snapping heads.

If I already have 3 assets attached to the Titan can I add snapping head as a 4th during its turn?

No.  The asset limitation rules still apply to attaching assets during the game. That’s one of the reasons that model can discard assets when it’s in Glory.  Edit:. Disabled assets are still attached.  To remove one for damage, you have to turn it over, and then discard it.)

If I have 2 snapping heads do I get 2 snapping head attacks?  I didn't see a clear answer above.

You benefit from each card with Versatile on its own.  So two attacks if you have two cards.

I only got 1 snapping head asset card with my titan.  Should I have gotten more?  Or should I just use a counter of some kind to keep track of it?

They only put one of the card in the box.  (The same goes for the Abyssinia Mounted Gunner card.). Use a counter (you’ll want a double sided counter, so you can track regular vs. disabled), make copies of the card, or print out more copies from the PDFs on the website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1