Jump to content
matt

Iron Painter 2018 - Round Five Announcement

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Darklord said:

Well Im in. Photos dont really do it justice unfortunately but the video is a little better!

 

you outdid yourself :D I can't tell which piece I like better, yours or icatsai :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 7:01 AM, matt said:

Hey Guys, the Timer is not correct and is the process of being updated, the round still lasts the same time (2 Weeks) and will end on Nov 26th as per the Iron Painter Rules thread, sorry about any confusion.

The timer will be updated to the proper time soon.

Edit: It is up to date and brushes are down at 11:59 PST on Nov 26th, sorry about any confusion. 

So, this says 11:59 PST, but the timer is counting down to 11pm eastern. Just making sure that I'm not getting this in late as that's a few hours less than I anticipated otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished and uploaded with 4 minutes to spare (at least according to the count-down). I really need to get things done a bit earlier :D

I tried something different this time, panting a set of tin flats instead of 3D figures. It definitely was a bit different, but I had fun working on it :) 

Looks there will be a lot of great entries this round!

alice3.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ynysley said:

Well win or lose I got through all five rounds, which was the goal from the beginning. :)

Good luck all!

I feel the same way, @Ynysley.  I submitted last minute (yet again), but at least I didn't DNF!

Best of luck to you, @Senya1987. I already saw your entry and it looks fantastic.  Haha, it looks like I may have predicted my own downfall when I commented on your round 2 entry. 

On 9/24/2018 at 7:15 PM, Ayvran said:

Wow. This one looks really great. I hope I don't have to face you when I'm in bronze.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's done at submitted. 4 years of Iron Painter in the book, 0 DNFs.

My goal was to make Silver tier this year and survive at least one round there; I made it to the finals for Silver tier, so that's exceeding all expectations I had coming into this.

Lots of great entries from everyone all around! Time to rest my weary brush hand for a little bit and figure out where to put my latest entry (I'm running out of room in my display cases after 20 rounds of Iron Painter entries!)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Guslado said:

Well, it's done at submitted. 4 years of Iron Painter in the book, 0 DNFs.

My goal was to make Silver tier this year and survive at least one round there; I made it to the finals for Silver tier, so that's exceeding all expectations I had coming into this.

Lots of great entries from everyone all around! Time to rest my weary brush hand for a little bit and figure out where to put my latest entry (I'm running out of room in my display cases after 20 rounds of Iron Painter entries!)

Nicely done! This is just my second year and I'm already thinking I'll need to break up some of my entries just because of space. 
It's a tough gig this one but is rewarding and I hope I will be back next year. 

Good luck to everyone and I wouldn't want to call it in Gold :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I managed to complete all 5 rounds of Iron Painter, I decided to mix and match my entries and do a big group shot to celebrate. I didn't want to wait until results were in, because I figure everybody will pretty much disappear for like 9 months once it's over.


large.758825836_IronPainter18MixnMatch.jpg.8e4981c70c5baae7423400c8c5e3aafb.jpg

From left to right -

  • Ol' Smokey's date didn't go well, so he's taking it out on the mushroom kingdom.
  • It's a 2 v 2 fight in Castlevania. Simon is mashing a zombie head while the 2 glowing sword dudes face each other down.
  • The purple zombie got lost in the woods outside the castle.
  • Bowser is checking himself out in the mirror before his "date" with Princess Peach.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayvran said:

Since I managed to complete all 5 rounds of Iron Painter, I decided to mix and match my entries and do a big group shot to celebrate. I didn't want to wait until results were in, because I figure everybody will pretty much disappear for like 9 months once it's over.

Man I love your pixel art scenery :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rzaba said:

Man I love your pixel art scenery :D

Thank you. I think 2 out of 3 judges must agree since they gave me unusually high scores in round 3. They were definitely the entries I was most inspired to work on since I'm a big video game nerd.  Actually, I'm pretty sure the novelty of those entries is what got me into silver in the first place,  and what let me stay there for an extra round.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ayvran said:

Thank you. I think 2 out of 3 judges must agree since they gave me unusually high scores in round 3. They were definitely the entries I was most inspired to work on since I'm a big video game nerd.  Actually, I'm pretty sure the novelty of those entries is what got me into silver in the first place,  and what let me stay there for an extra round.

yeah, it's definetly creative and unusual. I like when people do something new and different and you managed to do that, props for that :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darklord said:

Tick tick tick tock, 

What's the next theme ? 😂

No even funny.  I don't have any more energy for another round and I am just down in the Bronze tier.  I cant imagine what it is like for the gold and silver participants.  I am looking forward to see who won though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Darklord said:

Been sat here waiting for results and just realised its tomorrow not today they are announced 😂

Dunno why, but I was sure that I have to wait for the announcement till Wednesday :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darklord said:

Been sat here waiting for results and just realised its tomorrow not today they are announced 😂

And here I was thinking that I was practicing restraint not checking the results during class!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations all who finished! I sadly didn’t make it in time. Was so close but ran into trouble with my “mirrors” that took longer than I thought and didn’t turn out well. I wanted to do mist and a water effect that would reflect the models like a mirror but couldn’t not get a reflection with my water effect. Good learning experience and if anyone has pointers I’d love to hear them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...