Iron Painter 2018 - Round Five Announcement

It's time to announce the final round of Iron Painter 2018! Can you believe we're already here? It seems like yesterday when we were setting everything on fire with Round 1's Burn it All theme. But here we are. The grand finale! The last hurrah! The last act! The home stretch! The end boss! 

In Round 5, we will answer the ultimate question: who will be this year's Iron Painter? In a few short weeks, we'll have our answer.

As always, a big thank you goes out to the judges, the contestants, and our voters. Without each and every person who chooses to participate in this great event, Iron Painter would not be what it is today. 

You can find the Round 5 theme and pairings below. A link to the Round 4 results can also be found at the bottom of the post. But let's talk about what's truly important: Round 5's theme!

Theme

SMOKE AND MIRRORS. 

Just as the name suggests, there are many ways to interpret this theme, and we can't wait to see what you paint-wizards come up with. 

Now... Iron Painters, it's time to get assembling, converting, modeling, and painting!

Submissions 

Galleries to come

Round Five Gold: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/122-round-5-gold-finished/

Round Five Silver: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/123-round-5-silver-finished/

Round Five Bronze:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/124-round-5-bronze-finished/

Round Five Eliminated:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/125-round-5-eliminated-finished/

Round FiveWIP:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/121-round-5-wip/

Pairings

Gold

Gold Tier Round 5.png

Silver

Silver Tier Round 5.png

Bronze

Bronze Tier Round 5.png

Reminders

Again a few reminders because it never hurts! 

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a.jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier).

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) An image should be of either a single model, diorama or scene.  MULTIPLE MODELS THAT ARE NOT SET IN A SCENE OR DIORAMA WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION!! 

5) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Round Four Results: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/141504-round-four-results/

• Like 1
  • mattc changed the title to Iron Painter 2018 - Round Five Announcement
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I managed to complete all 5 rounds of Iron Painter, I decided to mix and match my entries and do a big group shot to celebrate. I didn't want to wait until results were in, because I figure ever

Diorama is almost ready xD  

Finished and uploaded with 4 minutes to spare (at least according to the count-down). I really need to get things done a bit earlier I tried something different this time, panting a set of tin f

Posted Images

Hey Guys, the Timer is not correct and is the process of being updated, the round still lasts the same time (2 Weeks) and will end on Nov 26th as per the Iron Painter Rules thread, sorry about any confusion.

The timer will be updated to the proper time soon.

Edit: It is up to date and brushes are down at 11:59 PST on Nov 26th, sorry about any confusion. 

• Like 1

As far as ideas, I got nottin'.  I'm glad I'm in the bronze tier so the pressure is far less but I think after 5 rounds, my ideas are dried up.  I started working on something while I try to come up with what to do that might actually fit this theme.  I'm trying to work with what models I have on hand since I think it is unlikely that I could come up with an idea and order minis in time for the deadline.  I sure hope I bump my head and inspiration comes.. and quickly :D

8 hours ago, rzaba said:

I've worked out my idea today, tomorrow I'll order the mini. Not sure if it's the greatest but with so short time there is no sense in overanalyzing.

Sometimes that is for the best. I do the same thing. 
I wish all the luck in the world :)
#girlpower