Schemes & Stones on The Lore of Malifaux

Khyodee

Thx a lot for the recap.

It is always interesting to hear how other people see the fluff.

Also I realise that with time my memories may have altered.

I recall the shifting loyalties events and the fight between Kitchener and Mei Feng differently but maybe it is bad memory on my part (I remember Kitchener being in an armoured vehicle and his avatar clashing with Mei Feng’s as she tried to defend the workers).

About the Neverborn if I remember correctly many of their mutations from their original forms come from being enslaved by the Tyrants they are not all self inflicted.

The Nephilim inflicted black blood upon themselves but if I remember correctly their Nephilim form and growing mechanics come from enslavement by Shezuul.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:26 AM, yool1981 said:

About the Neverborn if I remember correctly many of their mutations from their original forms come from being enslaved by the Tyrants they are not all self inflicted.

The Nephilim inflicted black blood upon themselves but if I remember correctly their Nephilim form and growing mechanics come from enslavement by Shezuul.

The TTB2 Core rules talk about the origins of the current neverborn, and having not listened to this yet sorry if I'm repeating anything they already said, but the reason that Nephilim and Mimics can change their form is from all the excess magic after the Tyrants were defeated. Mimics became able to change their form freely, and Nephilim became able to change their form after getting red blood. Then they underwent a ritual to make their blood caustic to combat Shez'uul as he was rampaging around in a weak host body and using blood to sustain it.

• Like 1

I think you refer to p.9 of the TTB 2E core rules.

The people of Malifaux had won the war against the Tyrants and bound their spirits, but the price they paid for their victory was steep. The Tyrants had used their magic and science to twist the minds and bodies of their servants and enemies into useful tools, and now, the monstrous survivors of those experiments struggled to find a place in the world.
Some of these creatures, such as the Nephilim, turned their backs on their former masters and took to hunting down those who still served the Tyrants.
Others turned to whatever fragments of magic they had scavenged from the fallen Tyrants, using it to mutate their forms into new shapes that their vengeful brethren would not recognize.

Centuries passed, and with each generation, the various transmutative magics that had been worked upon the people seeped into their offspring and their offspring's offspring, until eventually, every one of their descendants possessed an ability to change its physical form. For many, this change became a fixed part of their growth cycle, such as with the Nephilim,
who required red blood to grow larger, but others retained a greater control over their forms and learned how to change their appearance on a whim.

• Like 1