Hello! New player. New Arcanist. 

Seeking advice on how best to maximize the models I have. My group has a Resser who plays McMourning (with a brutal poison game) and now Reva with the Carrion Emmissary, a Neverborn who mostly plays Pandora with woes, but recently picked up Lilith and some Nephilim, and a Neverborn who plays Jakob Lynch. 

I have Ramos M&SU and some extra spiders. I have proxies for Soulstone Miners and the Mobile Toolkit. I haven’t ever really used any upgrades, and I don’t spend soulstones much. I probably should. 

I usually have Joss kill the MT to start a scrap summoning train, getting two spiders each the first two turns. Just to make sure I’m reading the rules correctly, I need 16 :tome:tome for two spiders, right? And they come in at three wounds + slow, yes?

I’m thinking about trying the following list just to shake things up a little: 

Leader: Ramos
   Arcane Reservoir 
   Electric Summoning 
   Vox Populi 
Brass Arachnid 
Joss 
   Bleeding Edge Tech 
   Open Current 
Howard Langston 
   Killswitch 
Steam Arachnid Swarm 
Soulstone Miner 
Mobile Toolkit 

Still want to have Joss kill the MT, but keeping him near the spiders will let them heal on activation, so I’d spend the stones for summoning three each turn. 

Howard can go forth to beat things (hopefully with Reactivate from the BrassArach), while the soulstone miner can pop up somewhere at the end of turn one, drop a scheme marker if needed, then start generating stones. 

Ramos will focus on summoning spiders and placing the Strike Markers to mess with movement shenanigans. Maybe summon an Electrical Creation to head toward my opponent and blow up nearby. 

It seems reckless, but I’m tired of playing conservatively and getting trapped near my own deployment zone. 

Please advise?

Edited by G.Sharp.Major
Adding info about Electrial Creation

@G.Sharp.Major Welcome to Malifaux!

You are indeed right. If you summon two spiders, each spider receives one wound and you need two tomes to summon them. One of the tomes is already included in the Ca. You thus need a card or spend a stone to add the second tome.

If you dont really have any push available, I wouldnt consider the vox populi upgrade. You can push the ennemy into the marker with other models such as the captain, Anna Lovelace or Amina Naidu---models that you seem to lack.

I would simply rely on a more traditional list that includes arcane reservoir, field generator and under pressure. You play an attrition game in this case: all the positive flips will prevent you from cheating while your opponent will have to use resources. You'll notice that the spiders will become pretty nasty with those positives. Add powered by flame on Joss for extra damage. You can listen the schemes and stones podcast to know more about this list:

Some people do not like this type of list because it is expensive but for strats that require being bunched in the center of the board it is pretty effective. Against McMourning these types of situation would arise naturally too. If your friends do not use optimized lists yet, you should be pretty competitive with such a list.

Notice that Ramos ' totem can reactivate itself before reactivating Howard. This way, you gain one extra activation before sending Howard.

Try to replace the swarm in your list as early as possible. Your next purchase should be a union steamfitter: it is a solid addition to any Ramos crew.

edit: be careful with Pandora. She is a bad matchup. Misery will make your life miserable.