Waldo's Weekly - Carrion My Wayward Son

Kyle

2 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

If I remember the spoilers correctly, the Horsemen should also be Versatile.

What is the reasoning motivating having other Versatile models?...

Trying to figure out which Outcast master is going to pair with most of the M2E popular mercenaries is not easy. (Really, who gets the loyalty of Johan? Disloyalty is kind of his entire story.) They seem like a good place to start with versatile tagged models.

10 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Won't it be a bit counterproductive with a theme driven M3E?

No. Versatile models provide a valuable role in that they're standard, baseline models that represent the faction as a whole.

For instance, Samurai are versatile for the Ten Thunders. This makes them solid fighting models for any of the Crew. They're not specialized but are just generally good for Ten Thunders as a whole.

In Hearthstone terms, they'd be your neutral cards.

10 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Won't it limit future design space?

The opposite, really.

The existence of Versatile models allows us to make a "Ten Thunders" model instead of a Foundry or Last Blossom model.

For instance, if down the road, the Arcanists look like they need more card draw, we can make a Versatile Arcanist model that provides card draw without having to tie it into a theme.

Of course, if Arcanists look like they need more card draw and Ironsides especially needs it, then we can instead make that model M&SU, which gives Ironsides access to it at a bit of a discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Though the Emissaries become normal in M3E, they are still great in your crews.

Carrion Emissary have two powerful attack actions, one blocks/zombies summoning action, and double useful auras! I can’t wait to see Lucky!

Helping Hand and Effigy of Fate provide Effigies a new unique stage, which I hadn’t expected ever before.

2 hours ago, Mason said:

They all have their own Keyword. M&SU is Ironsides only.  :P

Oh, that means 2 new keywords.  Kaeris will probably just be Pyromaniac.

Hoffman should be something like Conflicted or Two-Faced or Double Agent to reflect him working with the terrorists AND the authority.  But, it will probably be Amalgamation, or ACE (haha, Hoffman is asexual, fitting!)

4 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Hoffman should be something like Conflicted or Two-Faced or Double Agent to reflect him working with the terrorists AND the authority.  But, it will probably be Amalgamation, or ACE (haha, Hoffman is asexual, fitting!)

I always read Hoffman as more the awkward paraplegic than genuinely asexual, especially after a particularly unfortunate chat with Perdita.

That said, I'm loving the direction of effigies, I have way more henchmen than masters and I like to get them their own spotlights when possible. 

5 hours ago, ezramantis said:

Noticed the effigy has a Wp of 4. Does this mean I'll finally be able to field Zoraida with a crew of Enthralled effigies? (Please say yes)

What you want to do is play First edition, where, since she created them to be neverborn infiltrators, any Neverborn master could hire any number of Effigies. Alas, it appears that they went  a bit "native" in second edition, and lost this rule. Since they went even more native with the transformation into emissaries', I'd be surprised to see them all come back to their creator, but you never know...

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:05 PM, Jesy Blue said:

I take full credit for the peacekeeper and/or soulstone miner slap upside the head you are about to receive. :P

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I take full credit for the peacekeeper and/or soulstone miner slap upside the head you are about to receive. :P

I mean they said they were changing how Leveticus is gonna run, so maybe Hoffman's keyword will be Construct and every "thing" will be his play thing. 

If that's the case, the world is his oyster and I'll gladly take the slap, just remember Outcasts return fire.

• Like 1