The Other Side - My TOS experience (so far)

ChoriQueso

Kickstarter

The interaction with backers was abysmal. It's behind us now so w/e.

I wish Wyrd had more of an online presence outside of their website. I'm not talking about updates here and there directed to those of us playing already. I'm saying... where's the cheerleaders pushing TOS to the masses? There's a wealth of websites & Youtube channels that would be happy to do a TOS spotlight or battle report sponsored by Wyrd or featuring a Wyrd staff member/henchman to explain how to play! Word of mouth wont be enough without strong online promotion and interaction.

Packaging

The packaging was OK. Only a few boxes were shrink wrapped and the cards were not secure within the boxes, this caused the cards to slide right out of the box. I noticed some minor damage and warping to some of the cards (I believe this was caused by the loose packaging) but I laminate everything so it's no issue for me.

Models

Details - Some were what I expected, much better than something like Zombicide but not as good as Malifaux. I'm actually shocked at how detailed and well sculpted some of these are for pre-assembled minis!

Quality - I have a couple with actual assembly errors but besides that, the gap filling and trimming required is pretty damn reasonable considering we're not having to assemble these ourselves! HOWEVER, the mold release residue on these is the worst I've seen on any miniature. I did a test spray on one with my airbrush... it was like spraying water directly on wax, after a cascade bath they were much more manageable as expected.

Durability - All I can say is that I accidentally stepped on one with all my weight and it didn't break! Watch out around heat though, I used hot tap water in the cascade bath and they all turned into rubber. VERY easy to melt it seems.

Accessories

Bases - I really like the simplicity of the bases a lot. The logo on the bottom is a nice touch and I appreciate that the movement trays are included as a part of the game mechanic. There are other "workshops" in our hobby that would milk that for every $$$$$$$...

Tokens - LOVE the plastic tokens, those are very high quality. I hope to see more of those as an option as the game develops. The cardboard ones are fine and are what I would expect.

All I got for now! Can't wait to play! I have a ton of photos I hope to get posted soon!

12 hours ago, ShavenSkaven said:

Interestingly though, I received several extra bases and THREE Raving Madmen in ONE box!

I think when adjuncts go to retail, they're going to be 2 to a box.   In our case though we're getting "KS version" which deliberately comes 3 to a box.

HOWEVER, the mold release residue on these is the worst I've seen on any miniature. I did a test spray on one with my airbrush... it was like spraying water directly on wax, after a cascade bath they were much more manageable as expected.

There's another thread warning to wash your models before priming, though normally I don't.   If it's as bad as you say though, I'll definitely take the time.  Thanks for the heads up :)

Edited by Clement
added the bit about mold release.

4 hours ago, Clement said:

I think when adjuncts go to retail, they're going to be 2 to a box.   In our case though we're getting "KS version" which deliberately comes 3 to a box.

Huh? That's so weird. I just matched up all my gibbering hordes models and sure enough there are three Morphlings as well. Where did you find that info? Everywhere I look (including retail listings) it suggests that there is only 1 model in the box. Well damn I guess I didn't get extras! lol

1 hour ago, ShavenSkaven said:

Huh? That's so weird. I just matched up all my gibbering hordes models and sure enough there are three Morphlings as well. Where did you find that info? Everywhere I look (including retail listings) it suggests that there is only 1 model in the box. Well damn I guess I didn't get extras! lol

Thinking back on it, I may have inferred it from internet ramblings.  You're very likely right about it being 1 per box.   There are still 3 in ours on purpose though.