When you choose Zoraida instead of Titania?

Trixter

I think it comes down to if you want a winged beauty or a hag with exposed saggy tits (I have the old metal model for Zoraida). If Titania suits your playstyle there might never be a reason for you personally to pick Zoraida.

Opposing models that eat sheme markers for their benefit could be a pain for Titania. Fingers, executioners, outcast bandits and Philip and the nanny to name a few.

Resser card advantage lists that fuel ceaseless advance by making you discard cards might also have more trouble against Zoraida.

Strategies such as symbols of authority and guard the stash play into Zoraidas strengths since she can obey the enemy scorers to do stupid things as the last activation of the turn and deny strat points. Lists with a big beater that is fed ap and buffs by others are also nice for Zoraida, for example TT McCabe with Yasinori will not enjoy being obeyed out of position and triggering a truckload of attacks against friendlies.

Henchman Vik with a few buffs on her is also spectacular fun to obey for a charge against her own friends while she poses a big threat to Titania (or any model really). Zoraida is one of very few models who can outright end an entire Vik activation after the first hit.

If the objectives of the game are set up near dangerous terrain (especially with custom damage tracks or outright kill effects) Zoraida's obey also becomes immensely powerful. A choke point on the table can also work well if Zoraida obeys an enemy to block the only entrance to a scoring zone withan already activated enemy model. Imagine a table with 10+ inch height differences where models walk on rickety walkways the entire game and falling off is certain death AKA "the floor is lava"-boards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd argue Zoraida and Titania are quite different in both what they themselves do and what crews they like to bring.

Titania's crews are more likely to be scheme marker focused, and she lends herself well to a beater "champion" She's very durable, the same cannot be said for Zoraida, who brings other things to the table, such as her totem (opportunity cost being the Primordial Magic of course), which allows her to delete enemy models if your opponent failed to show up with condition removal.

I think Zoraida does schemes such as Undercover Entourage, Take one for the Team and Symbols of Authority better, whereas Titania excels in scheme marker heavy pools, plus as a great eliminate game both offensively and defensively.

• Like 1