Iron Painter 2018 - Round Four Announcement

Now that we are entering the second to last round it's time to buckle in and persevere until the end! Only one more round remains after this! Who will win? Who will place? And who will be eliminated? We want to say thanks again to our awesome judges, the Iron Painter participants, and all of our voting community members. It has been really awesome to see yet again this year, that the Iron Painter community is one that really supports each other, and revels in the awesome hobby we all share!  This announcement contains the round four theme and pairings.  A link to the round three results can be found at the bottom of this post.  But now it is time for the part you guys all REALLY care about, the theme!

Theme

We have been clashing head to head for 2 rounds now. Everyone knows sometimes when the stakes get high, people start to fight dirty. We thought we would encourage that a little bit with the Round Four theme: Lowdown and Dirty. Now don't go using dirty language or using dirty tricks on your opponent, but we want to see what lowdown and dirty miniatures you can bring to the table. Or under the table...

Now Iron Painters, it's time to get assembling, converting, modelling and painting!

Submissions 

Galleries to come

Round Four Gold: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/117-round-4-gold-finished/

Round Four Silver: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/118-round-4-silver-finished/

Round Four Bronze:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/119-round-3-bronze-finished/

Round Four Eliminated:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/120-round-4-eliminated-finished/

Round FourWIP:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/116-round-4-wip/

Pairings

Gold

image.thumb.png.bff3afb89495e544d9cc287e6b2e15bc.png

Silver

image.thumb.png.0d748081e28d14a5b0569990032d3ad0.png

Bronze

image.png.699acbaca9e15b47a7217ea0aaf7e6b4.png

Reminders

Again a few reminders because it never hurts! 

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a.jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) An image should be of either a single model, diorama or scene.  MULTIPLE MODELS THAT ARE NOT SET IN A SCENE OR DIORAMA WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION!! 

5) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Round Three Results: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/141050-iron-painter-2018-round-three-results/

image.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expect a picture of me mounted on a muddy base. Best of luck

Lowdown and Dirty is the theme and my opponent is @Dirty?  Feels like I'm coming in at a disadvantage here 😉

Looks fantastic. Definitely a 10 out of 25.  Haha, I'm just kidding. I shouldn't fan the flames.  It really does look fantastic, though. 

Posted Images

Well inspiration finally struck overnight.  I decided to go wire simple on theme as one judge doesn't seem to get/ like clever use of theme 😉

Quite a changed for me as it won't involve giants or humour.  I'm fact it will probably be the most sinister work I've ever done

On 10/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, rzaba said:

I love this theme and I already know what I want to paint :D Good luck @Whirler, can't wait to see your mini!

Thank you. Good luck to you too! :)

I am having some problems with ideas for this theme... I had thought of one specific figure, but I have called four different places now, and the soonest anyone can get it to me is next Thursday :( I am holding out hope for one final seller, but it looks like I might need to think of something else instead...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Whirler said:

Thank you. Good luck to you too! :)

I am having some problems with ideas for this theme... I had thought of one specific figure, but I have called four different places now, and the soonest anyone can get it to me is next Thursday :( I am holding out hope for one final seller, but it looks like I might need to think of something else instead...

hope you will be able to get it! As soon as I read the theme I knew what mini I want to paint and this round would be so cool if we both were able to make so inspired minis :)

22 hours ago, Gos said:

@Kai , it seems there is a mistake in Bronze pairings. Darklord is mentioned agains ReservoirDog, probably there should be my nickname instead)

I'm duel wielding 😁

Got mine planned.  Spent two days deciding whether I felt it even right to do this.  I've had folks say it's a great idea and others say is too contentious. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Darklord said:

I'm duel wielding 😁

Got mine planned.  Spent two days deciding whether I felt it even right to do this.  I've had folks say it's a great idea and others say is too contentious. 

Nellie Cochrane (or some other journalist) being dismembered with a bonesaw by McMourning (or some other people)?

2 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Nellie Cochrane (or some other journalist) being dismembered with a bonesaw by McMourning (or some other people)?

not quite!! it doesnt involve giants at least but not sure I can paint 30mm scale again!!

away this weekend which makes things tight again but at least my MTB season is over so I dont have to worry about training too!

• Like 2

I've come up with 2 pretty great ideas. One will be impossible due to the miniature I need not arriving until 1-2 weeks AFTER the deadline.  The other might be doable,  but I would have to make a lot from scratch,  which a I'm not great at. I also haven't found a main miniature that would fit my idea.

I might have to end up going with my backup idea when time starts getting tight.

2 hours ago, Decoy said:

damn, looks like i escaped too soon :P - I always paint lowdown and dirty ones:

dXXfRK.jpg

Looks fantastic. Definitely a 10 out of 25. 

Haha, I'm just kidding. I shouldn't fan the flames.  It really does look fantastic, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6