Show me your models!

Harkevich

12 hours ago, Harkevich said:

Sitting here, spamming fedex, waiting for my goodies to arrive. Who is willing to show pics of their unboxed models? I want to see some plastic goodness!

I'll be sure to show my models off here if they happen to arrive before yours do. Alternatively, you can check out the "contiones de rege flammae" group on facebook. Lots of people have posted pictures of unboxed models. Surprisingly, not much in the way of cult. The other factions have shown off plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

When I have time I will try to post pictures of miniatures I got. Overall, I am very happy with the products and glad that I backed this project. I had a Tyrant's pledge plus some additional miniatures and decks. Some things were missing...a stat card, an arm for one of the infantry men, and the Field Intelligence Corps (but I think it was mentioned in an update that it will be sent as a separate package).

The Good:

- The standard size models met and sometimes surpassed my expectations on quality. I am especially impressed with most of the Gibbering Horde figures. Some bent weapons/tentacle things but should be fixable with the hot water/cold water method.

-The bulkier models are hefty, it does not look like the large models are hollow in the inside.

- I expected the miniatures to be pre-glued onto the bases. But came not glued. For me this is good for decorating the base.

- Accessories, the KS exclusive deck is very nice. I like it a lot better than the plastic decks for each allegiance (which pales in presentation to the exclusive deck, imo). The keychain measuring tape is very convenient.

The Bad:

- I feel the Titans varies greatly in size. I am not sure if this was the original intent. Horomatangi looks fairly small compared to King's Hand and Alpha Crawler. The Dreadnought appears to be smaller scale than the rest of the range. The three soldiers riding the Titan, are roughly 75-80% the size of Abyssinia regular foot infantry models. Again not sure if that was the original size or did they had to scale down the model to fit base or what else. I was very interested in Abyssinia, but was disappointed in the Titan and wonder how the other two titans in that allegiance will turn out.

- Pre-assembly - For my gorysche I was able to easily snap off one of its head (at the gluing point). Several of the smaller infantry sized models had their arms not attached. I'm not sure if it was some poor assembly or will it be an issue in the long run of parts coming off from models.

Again, overall I am very happy with the products. I only wished Three Kingdoms and Kimon was part of the first wave, as now I have to wait on the allegiances that I am most interested in! Thanks Wyrd for making it and hopefully it will be a very successful product line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Nef is that TGM? Looks familiar.

Here's my Aby contingent on their bases:
1031222569_abycontingent.thumb.jpg.2bcf796bbaeac78ffe6d7c2c75df1505.jpg

Top Left is Prince Unathi in the center of the triangle, Mehal Sefari making the two upper corners and the Crow Runners filling in the bottom point.
Center top is the Lord of Steel.
Top Right is Kassa in the center, Mechanized Infantry on the top left point, Steel Legion on the top right point, Dreadnought on the bottom point.
Just below the Lord of Steel are the Electrocutioners, with a trio of Engineers just to the left of them.
Bottom Left is a trio of Rain Gunners, Bottom Center are the Cavalry, and Bottom Right is the Marauder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, spooky_squirrel said:

@Nef is that TGM? Looks familiar.

Here's my Aby contingent on their bases:
1031222569_abycontingent.thumb.jpg.2bcf796bbaeac78ffe6d7c2c75df1505.jpg

Top Left is Prince Unathi in the center of the triangle, Mehal Sefari making the two upper corners and the Crow Runners filling in the bottom point.
Center top is the Lord of Steel.
Top Right is Kassa in the center, Mechanized Infantry on the top left point, Steel Legion on the top right point, Dreadnought on the bottom point.
Just below the Lord of Steel are the Electrocutioners, with a trio of Engineers just to the left of them.
Bottom Left is a trio of Rain Gunners, Bottom Center are the Cavalry, and Bottom Right is the Marauder.

Sorry to necro this but I just read it for the first time and I got an overwhelming need to comment.

Thanks for the display but I had to ask. Rain Gunners? Shouldn’t they be King’s Empire?

1 hour ago, Rannith said:

Sorry to necro this but I just read it for the first time and I got an overwhelming need to comment.

Thanks for the display but I had to ask. Rain Gunners? Shouldn’t they be King’s Empire?

They must be escapees from the UK. Like everyone in Australia. ;)

Also to keep this thread on topic and justify the new replies here's a few pics of what I've painted for my Cult

WwS0w2a.jpg

IEFRCph.jpg

lcXK8R6.jpg

IsMe4jC.jpg

sApfNU1.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rathnard said:

They must be escapees from the UK. Like everyone in Australia. ;)

Also to keep this thread on topic and justify the new replies here's a few pics of what I've painted for my Cult

WwS0w2a.jpg

IEFRCph.jpg

lcXK8R6.jpg

IsMe4jC.jpg

sApfNU1.jpg

Very nice. Now we just need Odeodatos (or however the hell it is spelt) painted up to look like Ned Kelly. That bucket shaped head would be perfect for it.

• Like 1