Waldo's Weekly - Youko Hamasaki Reveal

Kyle

12 hours ago, solkan said:

Fellow empathic creature who appears to have lost your way, have you considered what it means to Asami that she had to tie her own bow like that?

Or have you considered any of the negative consequences of that stereotype that you appear to have internalized?  

You're gonna have to dumb down theses sentences because I don't know what you're actually saying?

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 4:41 AM, Jesy Blue said:

The bow on the obi, the belt that holds a woman's kimono closed, is on the back for proper ladies, so they need help to tie it.

The bow on the front is what prostitutes use because they have to tie it back on by themselves over and over again throughout the day/night/whenever.

This is what upset me about Asami's model having the bow in the front, and now the head of a brothel, who also services special clients, would not have bow in the front.

The things one learns on the Internet! makes me doubly glad I converted my Asami using Chiaki as a base model!  Although there's a few more questions about Asami's attire like the hook-sleeves...

8 hours ago, Bakuriel said:

Conversely, the matron of the Qi and Gong tying hers in the back implies that she isn't an easy mark even if she does ply her trade like the other ladies, and if you do somehow succeed you'll be expected to help tidy up after the fact. Kind of adds some extra professionalism to her demeanor. 

This explanation I love!

• Like 1