HYPE TRAIN

Lucidicide

TOS is going to be in people's hands soon, and I'm pumped.

I know the Coordinated Strike podcast is going strong, and there's some fun discussions happening around about possibilities for the game.

It's just awesome to see the excitement and know that it's about to be realized. I've been waiting for this!

Who's planning demos and events already?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Aaron said:

TOS is going to be in people's hands soon, and I'm pumped.

I know the Coordinated Strike podcast is going strong, and there's some fun discussions happening around about possibilities for the game.

It's just awesome to see the excitement and know that it's about to be realized. I've been waiting for this!

Who's planning demos and events already?

@subgenius13 and are already plotting demo nights at our LGS in Toledo, since a bunch of people were interested in the game but didn't buy in early. We will drag our store owner tooth and nail into stocking this awesome game!

• Like 2

I am beyond excited!

I'm planning on running demos and I already have a couple of people interested. One of my friends has avoided the hobby due to his shaky hands (some sort of chronic condition, more than usual unsteadiness) and the pre-assembled minis got his attention so he's giving it a serious look!

• Like 1

Honestly, I'll jump aboard this hype train the moment I get a confirmation email saying they've actually shipped. I've boarded the hype train a few times already and had to get off on the first stop to delay town. My trust has been broken too many times through this project from arbitrary timelines that ultimately result in a delay, to quality control issues from the company they commissioned that they insured us could do the job right, etc.

However, once I do get that email and know that the product is on it's way, I'll add a little bit of somewhat jaded character to this hype train.

I plan on doing a pretty large scale paint party binge (got a big thing against unpainted or trash painted minis) and demo at one of several LGS to show off the game as well as a slick paint schemes for cult and hordes.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I've discovered Malifaux thanks to a friend just a few months ago, and I like it a lot. When I started to look a bit about Wyrd, and found about the other side (with all the previews on the website), I've been very excited about this game.
The models look good, the game system looks nice (and since it's based on a system we already know, there shouldn't be too much bad surprises there). I can't wait to play some Gibbering horde!

• Like 1

I haven't been playing a lot of minis games recently because of time involved, both to know the games, have the force, and then actually play. I'm looking forward to breaking that streak with TOS.

And, since I'm near the Wyrd HQ, I look forward to showing Wyrd employees just how much better they are than me at the game! ...wait, that was supposed to be a brag. It came out wrong.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

I haven't been playing a lot of minis games recently because of time involved, both to know the games, have the force, and then actually play. I'm looking forward to breaking that streak with TOS.

And, since I'm near the Wyrd HQ, I look forward to showing Wyrd employees just how much better they are than me at the game! ...wait, that was supposed to be a brag. It came out wrong.

Oh Aaron, you know you can never take my crown and title of Nicest Person to Win Against from me. 

19 hours ago, cbtb11235813 said:

@subgenius13 and are already plotting demo nights at our LGS in Toledo, since a bunch of people were interested in the game but didn't buy in early. We will drag our store owner tooth and nail into stocking this awesome game!

Woow there are more spanish players. You are invited to play in Madrid or we could go to play in Toledo.

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

It's cool, I don't look so great in headwear, anyway.

I shall take the championship belt for "Can point out all the rules you're playing wrong, but still can't figure out how to make a good decision."

As long as I still get to claim "Will help you beat me by pointing out mistakes that hinder your play."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...