Would you take Hoffman against Ressers?

Anung Un Rama

I have never played Hoffer against Molly or vice versa, but I would be worried about death by a thousand cuts.  The totem can’t be everywhere, even with the Hoofball’s tendency to clump.  Lots of auras and pulses and black blood out the whatnot.  Also not a lot of spell damage for dealing with incorporeal.

As for what I’d take, I’d try a Domador to hire a Student of Sinew.  I think it recently went down to six points?  Power Loop shores up its many deficiencies.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

I have never played Hoffer against Molly or vice versa, but I would be worried about death by a thousand cuts.  The totem can’t be everywhere, even with the Hoofball’s tendency to clump.  Lots of auras and pulses and black blood out the whatnot.  Also not a lot of spell damage for dealing with incorporeal.

As for what I’d take, I’d try a Domador to hire a Student of Sinew.  I think it recently went down to six points?  Power Loop shores up its many deficiencies.

The thing is to bring a Queller to deal with incorporeal and damage reduction (i.e: Molly's df trigger) and try to kill Molly the first /second turn. You can move Ryle with machine puppet 12' and make him fast then activate him for another 4' push (you are 16' + min 6' from deployment up the board) then you have 3 Ryle AP to kill almost anything charge + attack with debt to the guild are 3 attacks min 4, if you are lucky and have some high ram or use a stone or don't need to go that far and Hoff is able to attach targeting systems to Ryle that's a pretty scary situation... (with all that you will be on min 7)

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, longfanz said:

The thing is to bring a Queller to deal with incorporeal and damage reduction (i.e: Molly's df trigger) and try to kill Molly the first /second turn. You can move Ryle with machine puppet 12' and make him fast then activate him for another 4' push (you are 16' + min 6' from deployment up the board) then you have 3 Ryle AP to kill almost anything charge + attack with debt to the guild are 3 attacks min 4, if you are lucky and have some high ram or use a stone or don't need to go that far and Hoff is able to attach targeting systems to Ryle that's a pretty scary situation... (with all that you will be on min 7)

I always forget the Queller.  I know he’s good, I just tend to overlook the poor guy.  We got too much good stuff last two books.