'No penalty' models in M3E

LoyalSkritNa

Hi,

I'm really excited by the M3E announcement, and i'm trying to figure out the best way to do this new mecanic with 'stapple models'.

I mean i'm not sure we can discuss this without actually being in the beta forum, but man do I want to talk more about M3E. I would like to say I did not ask to be in beta a few weeks ago but will do next time, so everything i'm saying is pure speculation.

So we're about 95% sure that these models will be 'no penalty' ones in Bayou faction :

- Gracie

- Burt

- lucky effigy

- lucky emissary

with a new mecanic of effigy transforming into emissary in an 'avatar' kind of way. 

But that's it? Will there be only 2 or 3 models along with effigy/emissary that will be 'no penalty' models? It looks like a small pool. I would love to see a few more models, for two reasons

1. Hiring pool choice. I mean, i get it. We don't want to do what is M2E doing : a few models are too much worthing their ss cost for their efficiency so always get hired. But give us more choice. We like having choice, and we need them in order to make interesting teams and surprise the opponent.

2. Fun. Yes, fun : we need our fun models to be stapples. I'm thinking about pigapult, taxidermists, and criers or rooster riders. At least pigapult, with a rework obviously, to make it a cool hiring option again.

What do you think about this? What would you like to see Wyrd do for M3E, what do you think about this stapple model mecanic?

There are about 70 gremlin models at the moment. There are 8 Masters (and their totems) so after we remove them we get 54, which means you get an average of 6 theme models and 6 left over. Obviously, we may well expect some models to be in multiple Master pools, and there will probably be some cross faction hiring (I imagine Zoraida will have models she brings from neverborn for example) so its likely there is more "theme" models than that.

But from what we know, you'll still have access to the whole pool of 70 models to hire. I think looking at it as "staple" models being the base for all crews is probably not the case.

I was not referring to these models as 'stapple' like they would need to be the starting pool of every crew. 

And i'm a fan of searching for new and weird dynamics between models you don't usually bring together, so I completely agree you have a 70 models pool for every master.

But if Wyrd wants to promote some models in order to always bring a strong and useful choice without penalty in cost, no matter the master, i'm referring to these models as the new 'stapple' models, at least by Wyrd's fresh new standart in M3E. People will always think about them, just because they'll have a 'cheap' cost.

And these models in my opinion need to be more than 4, in the 70 models pool.

Have you tried looking at the gremlin models and working out who you would put a model with?

And How many versatile models do you think are needed? Or I guess what I'm actually asking is how many models do you think a master needs "cheap" access to allow a decent choice? My rough calculation above suggested access to 12, with 6 versatile, if every model was only attached to 1 model and you tried to balance the size of the hiring pool.

This is such a bizarre conversation to be trying to have outside of the beta if your plan isn’t to play game designer and come up with your own solution.

Because in the beta, you’d know what the answer was; and outside of the beta you literally can’t be told Wyrd’s answer.  So you get a topic where you can just decide to make whatever conclusion you want to make, and justify whatever you want to justify feeling.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I guess i wanted to open conversation about what people would want on this subject, considering the chaos that's been afflecting the community, especially because we have no intel about what's going on, and it's always positive to talk about what we want/expect.

I mean, forum is dead for weeks now, come on nobody wanna share their expectations on a new edition?

• Like 2

Just because it's regular doesn't make it a good thing. It kind of made it clear to  me how small the gremlin player base really is, since all I read is that we're under represented in the beta and it seems like everyone who was a regular here just got into the beta. I didn't sub to the beta because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to give any meaningful feedback, but this total lack of news got me looking somewhere else for some green skinned action.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cfrag said:

but this total lack of news

well it's a closed beta. there won't be any News anytime soon I suppose, because it's literally not possible to give any News right now. everything is in beta, almost nothing is set in Stone and everything that is set in stone has already been stated by wyrd. (on the Website for M3E)

if you want to know more about the beta I guess you should just apply for it. I'm not sure if wyrd takes applications right now though

1 hour ago, Davie said:

well it's a closed beta. there won't be any News anytime soon I suppose, because it's literally not possible to give any News right now. everything is in beta, almost nothing is set in Stone and everything that is set in stone has already been stated by wyrd. (on the Website for M3E)

if you want to know more about the beta I guess you should just apply for it. I'm not sure if wyrd takes applications right now though

Sorry about misleading you, I wrote this on mobile a bit on a rush. What I meant by news was actually activity in this forum and the community in general.

I think its selfish to subscribe to the beta just to read info about the upcoming game if I don't plan to actively provide meaningful feedback. It feels wrong to me to know I might be taking someone else's place and that someone could be doing a much better job than me testing it. 

39 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Sorry about misleading you, I wrote this on mobile a bit on a rush. What I meant by news was actually activity in this forum and the community in general.

I think its selfish to subscribe to the beta just to read info about the upcoming game if I don't plan to actively provide meaningful feedback. It feels wrong to me to know I might be taking someone else's place and that someone could be doing a much better job than me testing it. 

well yes, if you don't want to participate, the beta is not the right place.

Thing is: the M2E-bayou parts of the Forum have never been a very active place besides nagging about how weak Rooster Riders have become or why Stuffed piglets are 3SS or numerous wishlisting threads which (to me! personal opinion!) are highly redundant.

I agree that there needs to be an active culture of battlereports, discussions on how to use certain models/lists/schemes. BUT that's actually a lot of work, especially the part with the battlereports.

I hope once the final M3E goes live the Bayou-Dwellers will gather, pop some moonshine kegs and start healthy discussions! :) 

• Agree 1