Kai

Iron Painter 2018 - Round Three Announcement

10 hours ago, DarthSlider said:

Just a random thought: what if Iron Painter would have a month-long break between rounds?

Would it help to decrease the number of DNFs?

Then it would be like any other competition. 
It's a shame there's a lot of DNFs but it's how it goes. Plenty of other competitions  to enter which don't have such tight timelines. It's kinda the point 

I'm not sure I'd get much more done in a month to be honest with you. Might feel a bit less frantic but I'd probably just end up spreading the same amount of hours out more.

The time constraints have been a great motivator for me and I think they're an important part of the competition.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

I'm not sure I'd get much more done in a month to be honest with you. Might feel a bit less frantic but I'd probably just end up spreading the same amount of hours out more.

The time constraints have been a great motivator for me and I think they're an important part of the competition.

My thought was about the free time between rounds, not rounds themselves. Having more time to rest could help your to get more time during round itself.

1 hour ago, lusciousmccabe said:

No matter how much time there is, I always find myself finishing up my submission with about 20 minutes left. The two week time limit makes it easier to stop and say “this is done” whereas other projects I keep seeing little things that I can tweak and change.

1 hour ago, lusciousmccabe said:

I think it wouldn't mean the rounds take longer, just that the time between rounds is longer.  So Iron Painter would be 10 weeks spread over like 7 months

I haven't had as much free time each round as I hoped so I have had to scale back every project so far :( So is life. I also need to up my photography game but at least I didn't wait till the monday evening to take pictures this time ;)

I spend cash for my mini and today someone told me that Kabuki just adds it as freebie. Dissapointed xD Anyways, I hope that I'll be able to use one of minis I already own this time 😧