Kai

Iron Painter 2018 - Round Three Announcement

October starts today, and so does Round Three of Iron Painter 2018!  It's hard to believe but we are already at the halfway point.  Only two more rounds remain!  Who will win?  Who will place?  And who will be eliminated? We want to say thanks again to our awesome judges, the Iron Painter participants, and all of our voting community members. It has been really awesome to see yet again this year, that the Iron Painter community is one that really supports each other, and revels in the awesome hobby we all share!  This announcement contains the round three theme and pairings.  A link to the round two results can be found at the bottom of this post.  But now it is time for the part you guys all REALLY care about, the theme!

Theme

October, as everyone knows, is the spookiest month of the year. So how better to celebrate the month than with the theme Monster Mash?! What truly monstrous creations will you be bringing in Round Three? We are excited to see what ghouls and ghasts you invite over for your painting sessions!  Now Iron Painters, it's time to get assembling, converting, modeling and painting!

Submissions 

Round Three Gold:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/112-round-3-gold-finished/

Round Three Silver: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/113-round-3-silver-finished/

Round Three Bronze:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/114-round-3-bronze-finished/

Round Three Eliminated:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/115-round-3-eliminated-finished/

Round Three WIP:  https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/111-round-3-wip/

Pairings

Gold

image.thumb.png.acb7e9b4d5d19fa33decc67371a159c1.png

Silver

image.thumb.png.150bc022f05ee965f7ece9d158126ce8.png

Bronze

image.thumb.png.96697242291aeae2baa7701d871a41ea.png

Reminders

Again a few reminders because it never hurts! 

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a.jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) An image should be of either a single model, diorama or scene.  MULTIPLE MODELS THAT ARE NOT SET IN A SCENE OR DIORAMA WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION!! 

5) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Round Two Results: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/140437-iron-painter-2018-round-two-results/

• Like 4

@Gos, you me, outside now!!

good luck, your a great painter, this is going to be a toughie. Especially training for a MTB Ultra Marathon in 2 weeks but lets see what I can do!

• Like 2

WOW! Can't believe I've made it this far. Great work all and happy painting in round three everyone. Looking forward to seeing your work Regia can't wait!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Congratulations to @Nathillien - super close but I agree with the judges that you edged it between us! Good luck for the rest of the competition. 

Well done to everyone who completed a model for r2 - there was some awesome pieces on display 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Thimblesage said:

Looking forward to seeing your work Regia can't wait!

I am looking forward for your work too :) 

• Like 1

Just ordered the perfect model for this round, got the notice it might take 4 weeks. Looks like plan B. Where my other ELIMs at?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordZombie said:

Just ordered the perfect model for this round, got the notice it might take 4 weeks. Looks like plan B.

Yeah, I also had some thoughts on what to do but realized I couldn't get what I wanted in time.  So I'm going thru what I have on hand to see what I can work with and I don't have any very exciting ideas yet.

Inspiration finally struck! I'm so excited, I was getting a little worried that I had nothing the first two days of this round. 😅 

On 10/2/2018 at 11:03 AM, ArD said:

@Corrgon, thank you for the second round and good luck in third! Hold in silver!

Thank you, that was realy close. Good luck to you too.

Cool theme. I got my figures picked out, and now I am re-reading a certain classic Victorian horror novel for some inspiration... ;)

15 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

I've spent around 5 hours on prep so far and I'm still not finished. Not sure how great an idea this project was.😑

Similar tale here. 

On 10/3/2018 at 3:53 PM, RevaMcEntire said:

@Natsugawa, that was a pretty rad skaven last round. Excited to see what you come up with this time! Monster mash ought to be a lot of fun. Best of skill! 

Thanks! Looks to be a fun round :) Let's rock'n'roll!