Is there any official Chinese/Kanji word?

Rufess

I am from a place that using Chinese so the character names of Ten Thunder members always make me feel familiar.

To promote Malifaux I have written several articles about the rules and crew summaries in my locale language. When I translating the Asia name like Shenlong or Mei Feng I just made up the words by my own. However in Chinese and Japanese a single pronunciation could be shared by multi words, so I have no idea if my choices are the correct one or not. So I am wondering had Wyrd mentioned these kind of info in any media?

• Like 2

I very recentl made contact with the bloke who writes for TT lore, I could ask him if you'd like. 

I know that Misaki, Chiaki and the Kamaitachi are Japanese names, and as such would assume that in their native tongue, they'd be written as 美咲, 千秋 and 鎌鼬 respectively. The Kamaitachi literally translates to "sword holder/stance" and you could also use the Chinese equivalent 窮奇. 

I think it's great that you're making articles for Chinese players! What is the scene like over there? 

23 hours ago, DonCheadle said:

I very recentl made contact with the bloke who writes for TT lore, I could ask him if you'd like. 

I know that Misaki, Chiaki and the Kamaitachi are Japanese names, and as such would assume that in their native tongue, they'd be written as 美咲, 千秋 and 鎌鼬 respectively. The Kamaitachi literally translates to "sword holder/stance" and you could also use the Chinese equivalent 窮奇. 

Thanks for the reply. I am not surprise to see those words since they are the most common words to fit to those pronunciation. Actually I am more curios about the followings:

• Shenlong
  • Mei Feng
  • Asami
  • Yan Lo
  • Katanaka
    • The family name of Misaki. It write 潟中 (Kata-naka) which is a very rare family name that only about 50 people currently in Japan. I have a friend who suggests that it may be 刀家(Katana-ka, the family of sword).
  • Ankoku Kirai
    • She is not Ten Thunder, but still she is Japanese so I put her here too. The words here are not difficult, in the contrast they are very common words but I cannot believe any parent would give this name to their child. The meaning in English is Darkness Hatred.
Edited by Rufess
  • Like 1