First tourney help

Polar43

Hi Guild brains trust.

I'm coming to you all to seek some advice on an upcoming tourney which will be my first. 

Its a 1 day 3 game event. As I'm still quite new to the game I would like to field one master and one list as Ill remember more abilities then changing masters to suit the strats and schemes. With this in mind below is the list I would like to take and why. What I would like is honest advise or critique. Where will it be strong, where will it suck etc. I am hoping its not too weak a list but we will see

Leader: Perdita Ortega - Cache:(2)
   Trick Shooting 2ss
   Fastest Draw in Malifaux 1ss
Francisco Ortega 8ss
   Wade In 1ss
   Diestro 3ss
Witchling Handler 7ss
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss
Brutal Effigy 4ss
Guild Austringer 6ss
Pistolero De Latigo 5ss
Pistolero De Latigo 5ss 

Perditta and Franc are my main damage dealers, I can use them close together to focus important targets or separately to jsut output damage in general. 
The effigy can support Dita with his skills and make her more survivable

Pistoleros can buff frank and dita aswell with their aura or they can scheme run 

Austringer helps the scheme runners with this "relay orders" aswell as the nice no LOS attacks to help control certain areas

Witchling handler, not sure about this one, however i see her as a damage dealer who can chase down scheme runners and also potentially summon stalkers when she kills 

So thats the thought process, fire away your thinking

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Polar43 said:

Hi Guild brains trust.

I'm coming to you all to seek some advice on an upcoming tourney which will be my first. 

Its a 1 day 3 game event. As I'm still quite new to the game I would like to field one master and one list as Ill remember more abilities then changing masters to suit the strats and schemes. With this in mind below is the list I would like to take and why. What I would like is honest advise or critique. Where will it be strong, where will it suck etc. I am hoping its not too weak a list but we will see

Trick Shooting 2ss
Francisco Ortega 8ss
   Wade In 1ss
   Diestro 3ss
Witchling Handler 7ss
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss
Brutal Effigy 4ss
Guild Austringer 6ss
Pistolero De Latigo 5ss
Pistolero De Latigo 5ss 

I found this list to be very flexible on scheme and strats for tournaments piloting Perdita. It’s a family crew and with Nino it helps with a lot of interact schemes, has ranged kill kill kill and have found success with it  

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Dita 50ss 
   Trick Shooting 2ss 
   Aura Ancestral 1ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Abuela Ortega 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Nino Ortega 7ss 
   Hair Trigger 1ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss 

• Like 1

I'm guessing you don't have a ton of models to switch between so I'll try to stick close to your original list. The handler seems worse to me than almost any other 7ss model. Having Nino instead could be pretty awesome if interacts are needed. Switching a pistolero for a witchling stalker could be nice just for their condition removal, you have plenty of family models already and it's mostly useful for Perdita's push.

I would also probably drop Diestro from Francisco and give him debt to the guild which also frees up some stones. I've never gotten much use from Diestro in any list and in this list Francisco is already screaming "Kill meeee!" at the top of his lungs so you will need to be pretty careful with him.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2018 at 4:38 AM, Ludvig said:

I'm guessing you don't have a ton of models to switch between so I'll try to stick close to your original list. The handler seems worse to me than almost any other 7ss model. Having Nino instead could be pretty awesome if interacts are needed. Switching a pistolero for a witchling stalker could be nice just for their condition removal, you have plenty of family models already and it's mostly useful for Perdita's push.

I would also probably drop Diestro from Francisco and give him debt to the guild which also frees up some stones. I've never gotten much use from Diestro in any list and in this list Francisco is already screaming "Kill meeee!" at the top of his lungs so you will need to be pretty careful with him.

So stalker as is or with the handler?

5 hours ago, Polar43 said:

So stalker as is or with the handler?

I've tried to run a handler with a stalker duo but a lot of the time I find they don't pull their weight. You might use them better than me. What I meant was a single stalker to remove conditions and then keep the pistolero and add one of the family members instead of the handler.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I've tried to run a handler with a stalker duo but a lot of the time I find they don't pull their weight. You might use them better than me. What I meant was a single stalker to remove conditions and then keep the pistolero and add one of the family members instead of the handler.

Gotcha, thank you I will give it a go!