CustardBomb

List Advice: Zipp Denial list.

Hey all!! I have a list I am planning on trying out in a game tonight but i would love some feedback for it! The general idea is its built to utterly shut down and limit your oponents ability to score VP while keeping you mobile enough to achieve your own goals. 

Current line up is 

Zipp: 
- Rambaling Diatribe
- The Gift of the Gab
- Dirty Cheater

Fingers: 
- Dirty Cheater

First Mate: 
- Treasure Map
- Where the Captain Can't See

Iron Skeeter
-Poorly Handeled Explosives

Iron Skeeter
- Airship Spotlight

Gremlin Crier
Gremlin Crier

Zipp Fingers and The First mate do what they do best. Disrupt the enemy and deny VP. The Skeeters carry the Criers around dropping markers for you, and if necessary act as an express delivery system for the Criers Aura during key turns to shut models scoring and conditions. When your Criers die then the ideal move is to use PHE on the resulting Bayou to drop it as a bomb in the enemy. Or just use the bayou as a free scheme runner or distraction peace. 

Overall it would just be built to focus on the objectives and mess with the opponent

Denial lists can work but you really need to decide on what you're denying. ( read as know the strategy and schemes) If the pool doesn't need scheme markers then you are spending a lot of points here to stop them doing something they don't need to do anyway. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

i think skeeter and criers will die turn 2-3 and you will be just with naked board.
hard to imagine how this combo can make you 10 VP.

What would you recommend replacing them with? 

Cheaper scheme runners like bayou gremlins?? If Zipp/First Mate and Fingers are running interference they could attend to any holding ground scenes and the like in the background? Or something else :) 

I have legit never played Zipp before so am all open to suggestions 

I personally believe the dearth of Scheme markers schemes in gg18 makes denial lists a little worse. 

Might be interesting next year, should we get another gaining grounds iteration before the new Edition is upon us.