Match the model to the Master.

Regelridderen

Since keywords are getting reworked and will have a bigger impact on the game. I thought it a funny exercise to guess, which enforcers/minions will go with what Masters. 

Basse - the new guy, a frontiersman. I’m guessing a rugged bounty hunter theme :

Pathfinder 

Austringers

+ lots of new stuff. 

Perdita - probably not much new, as there already is a very tight theme. 

Ortegas

monster hunters

Pistoleros

Sonnia - she’s gonna continue the wyrd inquisition :

witchling - handler/stalker/thrall

exorcists

Lady J - marshalls / antiundead

death marshalls / recruiters / Lone marshall

domadors

Lucius - anything with the law

lawyers 

jury

judge

executioners

investigators

Etc. 

-

What combinations/themes are you anticipating / hoping for?

I’m still uncertain who will get investigators. They could be Lucius as you say, being involved with the law, but Nellie loves investigation too. Nellie gets most of the Monday preview unreleased stuff I think. Maybe not the false witnesses, though: that seems like pure Lucius tactics. But based on the art alone, there is no way Lucius will condescend to undercover agents.

I’m nosy about which constructs Hoffman will pick up from Arcanists (and I will make Hoffman plus coryphée happen even though they’re the one construct we can be pretty sure he doesn’t get). No mystery on the Guild side other than...*sigh* losing Ryle. But he can pick up Joss for his henchman now that Ramos is out of play.

Hoffman had ties with ramos, so i would think he will snatch m&su constructs.

Investigators are Guild officials, i wouldn't think Nelly will use them.  I can picture them with lucius through they are guardsmen but we got a lot of other guard and they are discribed as pretty corrupt if i remember correctly. 

I hope Wyrd would launch some kind of Keyword List preview; currently i am stuck in this transition from M2E to M3E and really lost about which models should buy to improve some of my outdated crews, for my crews whose Master is changing Faction, or even consider an Outcast Master for my Mercenary models.

Waiting 5+ months to start getting my bands ready for M3E can really kill my hype :D

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Lord J said:

I hope Wyrd would launch some kind of Keyword List preview; currently i am stuck in this transition from M2E to M3E and really lost about which models should buy to improve some of my outdated crews, for my crews whose Master is changing Faction, or even consider an Outcast Master for my Mercenary models.

Waiting 5+ months to start getting my bands ready for M3E can really kill my hype :D

Get in on the beta if you need that kind of information to keep interest, I'm guessing that's the kind of thing that can shift. No matter their keywords you won't know for sure if they will be super good models or total duds who no one plays for the following five or so years. Just look at witchling handlers or guild guard, wouldn't have helped to know their keyword in advance (which we did that time around). ;) 

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Get in on the beta if you need that kind of information to keep interest, I'm guessing that's the kind of thing that can shift. No matter their keywords you won't know for sure if they will be super good models or total duds who no one plays for the following five or so years. Just look at witchling handlers or guild guard, wouldn't have helped to know their keyword in advance (which we did that time around). ;) 

Well, as far as i know, currently i can't get in on the beta. About shifts, considering most models will have 1 (rarely 2) keyword(s), can't see a lot of changes coming in that way. And i am not (very) worried about super good models, just considering the new hiring system will be based on (or at least favouring) thematic crews, would hate to blindly buy now some Resser for my Mcmourning's crew or some 10T for my Mccabe's crew just to find later it has not the keyword.

I will try to sit and patiently wait until M3E launch, but meanwhile i am stuck on getting my crews ready :(

Didn't know there was a deadline. You may be right about that.

McMourning has so far had a very tight hiring pool in theme. A very good bet is that he will have: Canine remains, nurses, flesh constructs, rogue necromancy and Rafkin. Effigies and emmissaries are versatile so anyone can have them. That is more than 50ss of models right there and since out of theme hiring will be like the current mecc tax we know it will usually feel worth it on 10+ ss models but pretty much never on 4-5 ss models. That means if you love Archie and see yourself paying 13ss for him you can just as eaily pay 14ss for him to field the model next edition.

No idea on McCabe though, he never felt at home in TT for me and he has almost no models in theme in TT.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Didn't know there was a deadline. You may be right about that.

McMourning has so far had a very tight hiring pool in theme. A very good bet is that he will have: Canine remains, nurses, flesh constructs, rogue necromancy and Rafkin. Effigies and emmissaries are versatile so anyone can have them. That is more than 50ss of models right there and since out of theme hiring will be like the current mecc tax we know it will usually feel worth it on 10+ ss models but pretty much never on 4-5 ss models. That means if you love Archie and see yourself paying 13ss for him you can just as eaily pay 14ss for him to field the model next edition.

No idea on McCabe though, he never felt at home in TT for me and he has almost no models in theme in TT.

Wouldn’t Guild Autopsies and kentauroi rightfully belong with the doctor too?

35 minutes ago, Dirach said:

McCabe should include Wastrels and Terracotta Warriors (McCabe found them according to a story) I would also guess that guild hounds and mounted guild guard would remain some how.

If they keep him hiring guardsmen cross faction that could be an option. Haven't really hear anything about those kinds of abilities but they've been around in both editions so far so it shouldn't be impossible.

I would be very reluctant to tell someone that it was safe to start McCabe in the current edition and count on those models still being available. I feel a lot more congident about McMourning.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Figgydor said:

I really hope Lucius' love towards minions stays, since I'm guessing Dashel will take the guardsmen. I'm also expecting them to include Wastrels in McCabe, but I hope they tweak them a bit.

I would really prefer they dropped the minion interaction and made him just order any model around like a bunch of other masters do currently. His abilities being tied to minions who are usually lower cost models is what made him suck for most of m2e. He could just give any friendly ap and have the bonus range with his new special division keyword. The guardsman keyword could be split into a few different ones or there could be some overlap like guardsman + special division like in first edition.

20 hours ago, Ludvig said:

If they keep him hiring guardsmen cross faction that could be an option. Haven't really hear anything about those kinds of abilities but they've been around in both editions so far so it shouldn't be impossible.

It can also be solved with the following ability:

"can hire guild hounds and mounted guildguards as if they shared a keyword with McCabe"