Sign in to follow this  
Andre

Eliminate the Leadership

Question

Hi guys, I'm new to the game and I was wondering:

There's this scheme EtL and it specificaly says:

This Scheme may not start revealed. Reveal this Scheme once this Crew has scored any VP from it.

The first time the enemy Leader is reduced below half of their starting Wounds, score 1 VP.

The first time the enemy Leader is reduced to 0 Wounds, Killed or Sacrificed score  1 VP.

If there is no enemy Leader in play at the end of the game, score 1 VP.

Let's just say that my opponent said right after my activation "If you have EtL you're not getting any VP from it, because you did not reveal it 30 seconds ago". Here's my question, can I score "The first time" the enemy Leader is reduced to 0 Wounds?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

The reveal is not optional so that situation should preferably not arise. Once your opponent reaches half wounds they should tell you "I'm at half wounds, if you were going to reveal eliminate the leadership, now is the time". If you have not revealed it at the halfway mark it is possible they didn't care about protecting their master since they "knew" you didn't have the scheme when you didn't reveal it. Because of that you can't start scoring for it after you didn't reveal it on the first scoring timing.

Short answer: No, you must reveal at the first VP. A polite opponent will help you remember that and ask if you have it when they reach half their masters wounds (if they remember the scheme is in thr game).

Just to be clear, the sequence of events where everyone ends up happy is:

The first time any (one or more) of these things happen

The first time the enemy Leader is reduced below half of their starting Wounds, score 1 VP.

The first time the enemy Leader is reduced to 0 Wounds, Killed or Sacrificed score  1 VP.

If there is no enemy Leader in play at the end of the game, score 1 VP.

that’s when you reveal the scheme and score points.  

If one of those things happen and you forget, then you end up in the potentially charged “the other player made a mistake, and that may have led to strategy decisions based on incorrect game state” problem.  And that’s just messy to deal with, however it gets resolve.  :( It’s like asking what you’re supposed to do when someone bumps the table and knocks a bunch of figures out of place—you want to avoid the problem as much as possible.

So the best thing to do is, because both players know that the scheme is the scheme pool, to help each other out and point out when these potential scoring events happen.  “Well, that puts my leader at half.  Do you need to score?”

That does mean that both players end up responsible for tracking and understanding the schemes they didn’t choose to use, but they probably should be doing that anyway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2