Jump to content
Nef

Round One Results & Round Two Begins

Recommended Posts

@Tiaburn SteddThat is a beautiful model! I'm probably going to buy it. (Yay mini addictions!) It fits something I've wanted to do for a while perfectly! Not for this round obviously, but maybe a future project😁Thank you so much for sharing! Even though that probably wasn't your intent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LordZombie said:

@Stonewall78 good luck and may the most simple miniature win. 

Lol and too you my friend.

 

I like that this is an early round theme. Helps level the field for those that don't do a big diorama (not that there is anything wrong with that). It also helps me finally get around to painting a model I have had for a while that I really wanted to paint.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guslado said:

@Ayvran, I loved your first round entry, time for our cage match to the death! Good luck!

Good luck to you as well.  I didn't expect to make it into silver my first time around, but it's kind of a nice surprise.  However, I won't be upset if I get knocked down to bronze by you.  I followed your stuff last year and really liked it.  Your night fishing scene was especially impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KaiWould a model like Santana Ortega be within the rules? She could technically be considered two models since she's standing on a zombie. But that is part of her kit and she came with a 30mm base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be really interesting. I had an idea, then realised I don't thin the model I was thinking of will for on a 30mm base. I have a five hour drive ahead of me. Hopefully I can think of something in that time. Really cool idea for a theme, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. 

 

@Reagan_Helms Your dragon was brilliant in the first round. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in this round. I don't think I'll survive :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turelio said:

This is going to be really interesting. I had an idea, then realised I don't thin the model I was thinking of will for on a 30mm base. I have a five hour drive ahead of me. Hopefully I can think of something in that time. Really cool idea for a theme, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. 

 

@Reagan_Helms Your dragon was brilliant in the first round. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in this round. I don't think I'll survive :)

Aw, thanks! I liked your work too. Don't sell yourself short. This is my first painting competition. 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, as long as it's a blank base and single model, that's a guaranteed 10 points for theme then? Points are going to be very, very close this round!!!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, icatsai said:

So, as long as it's a blank base and single model, that's a guaranteed 10 points for theme then? Points are going to be very, very close this round!!!

Really hope there would be extra points for extra "simplicity".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthSlider said:

Really hope there would be extra points for extra "simplicity".

I'm going for different type of simplicity. Was wondering how much is it about simple painting and how much about plain black base and painting skillz only.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sleepwalker said:

My mini is so simple, that i do not even need to assemble it ;)

 

n3WxuET.jpg

I just looked on a photo and it looks like a model have a base bigger than 30 mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DarthSlider said:

I just looked on a photo and it looks like a model have a base bigger than 30 mm.

I think that's a cm grid. That base looks to be about 25mm, so the figure should fit on a 30mm base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if the mini we are painting has included basing elements? Can wee still do it on a black base to minimize the impact? In this case its not a huge amount or anything, just part of original

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...