Kai

Round One Results & Round Two Begins

Round one ends with all of us covered and surrounded by ashes. Or maybe that's just gray paint. Who knows. Congratulations to all of those who managed to not burn out.  We want to say thank you so much for the awesome participation!  Not only were the entries amazing, the feedback, encouragement, and positive discussion on the forums was simply awesome to see.  Definitely goes to show what a wonderful community we have.  

The first round theme was really on fire. It really allowed us to get some close tiers, with Gold, SIlver and Bronze being distinguished by differences of not even a full point.  For this next round we wanted to Keep It Simple. Which led us to this rounds theme

KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) - The requirements are a single miniature on a black 30mm base. No basing elements or base painting is allowed. Impress us with a simple project! 

REMEMBER THAT ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME ON September 24th.

All final submissions should be posted in the gallery links below.   

Gold: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/108-round-2-gold-finished/

Silver: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/109-round-2-silver-finished/

Bronze: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/110-round-2-bronze-finished/

The WIP Gallery can be found at the following link

WIP: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/107-round-2-wip/

Now on to the pairings!  Let's start off with the Gold tier:

image.thumb.png.1eb3949e84541d07e6add29f6d781eb2.png

Now the Silver Tier pairings!

image.thumb.png.6e70bb9a5a977adad18d96e1453176f1.png

And finally the Bronze Tier pairings!

image.thumb.png.0687503485f0c6089573d2a59754b5e4.png

image.png.288a1dfc430f7d1ef6b0bbb2f3330e5d.png

A few reminders!  

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a.jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

• Like 2

Very good. Good luck to everyone. Sorry to Whirler and glamage but may be you will take your revenge if drop to silver :)

who are the judges this year?

Congrats everyone.  Really chuffed to make gold. 

Great theme thigh it mashes mini choice all the more difficult!

Tough opponent in @rzaba (one of my favourites in the first round) but I'll give it a go!

• Like 2

Are gold and silver tiers being judged as they were in past years or have those turned to popular vote like the bronze tier?

5 minutes ago, Decoy said:

Very good. Good luck to everyone. Sorry to Whirler and glamage but may be you will take your revenge if drop to silver :)

who are the judges this year?

I didn’t expect to be in Gold this time and surprised you aren’t. Funny old competition. 

This theme had me stumped for a minute until I read it again properly! 

Judges for this year are 
Shane Rozzell
Angel Giraldez
Terry Cowell 

All returning judges from last year who will be amazing as always :) 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Just now, Kai said:

Judges for this year are 
Shane Rozzell
Angel Giraldez
Terry Cowell 

All returning judges from last year who will be amazing as always :) 

That's not intimidating in the slightest... 😅

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, glamage said:

I didn’t expect to be in Gold this time and surprised you aren’t. Funny old competition. 

This theme had me stumped for a minute until I read it again properly! 

To be fair the difference between the last Gold entrant and first Silver entrant was .13 points. So very close all around. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Kai said:

To be fair the difference between the last Gold entrant and first Silver entrant was .13 points. So very close all around. 

WOW! That is close! 

Good luck everyone ! 

I’m happy that i survived the first round without DNF 😂.

Now to find out what figure to paint out from the collection.

Could be go upper to silver from bronze? 

1 minute ago, DarthSlider said:

@Kai

Is it fine to put a malifaux mini with 40 mm base on 30mm base for this round?

Or you only allowed using malifaux minis which are supplied with the 30mm base?

Shoot me a PM with details. It's not a "Wyrd minis only" so that's a bit tough to say exactly, but I would say it needs to comfortably fit on a 30mm base. If you have questions shoot me a PM.

2 minutes ago, DarthSlider said:

where could I find exact points? are they published?

We do not publish the points.