Coming back in Malifaux after few years.

syntaxerror

Hi all,

I discovered Malifaux in its first version, and I found this game awesome. I owned all the v1 books, but for many reasons, I sold all I had, and only kept my v1 painted Ortega starter, and didn't play at all in v2.

Now, the game is being played at my local gaming club, and I want to make the Ortegas great again.

My question is about fluff. I like reading the story of the world in which I play, and I wondered which books I needed for this. All the v1 books? Some of the v2? Can I just wait the v3? All is written somewhere online?

12 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

The M2E books carry the plot forward a lot. If you’re into the fluff you’ll want to read them.

Rulebook, Crossroads, Shifting Loyalties, Ripples of Fate and Broken Promises.

But for the entire stuff, do I need to re-buy v1 books? (That will be a LOT of money to spend)

11 minutes ago, Bengt said:

All the 1st Ed and half or so of the 2nd Ed books so far have been serialised in pod format, the Breachside Broadcast. There's a new episode every two weeks.

I'm french, I prefer read things, it's easier for me ^^

1 hour ago, syntaxerror said:

But for the entire stuff, do I need to re-buy v1 books? (That will be a LOT of money to spend)

I'm french, I prefer read things, it's easier for me ^^

M2e continues the story so if you want to read absolutely everything and not listen to Breachside Broadcast you would need to buy the books again. If you get the PDF versions from drivethru rpg it should be significantly cheaper than the paperbacks. You could also ask players around your area if they want to part from their old books or at least lend them to you for a while.