New to Malifaux - Sandworms

Atriedes

I'll start by saying that I'm very very new to Malifaux. This is what happens when my kid wants to play with sculpey. I start building nightmare sandworm things. These were just for fun. I want to build some that resemble Shai Hulud though. Next time, I'll take pictures to show scale. 

sandworm_01_resize.png

sandworm_01_resize_02.png

sandworm_01_resize_03.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Kimberly said:

Are you going to make custom terrain rules that they move towards a model that walks with rhythm? 

I love you. And that idea is amazingly fantastic. 🖤 My brain might explode. 🖤 Is there a reference for creating custom terrain rules?

21 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Stick a bunch of gears to it and you could have an industrial scale Soulstone Miner. 

Someone on the FB group mentioned the same thing! I'll probably make some just because. I just can't use them as I play Neverborn. Though since the mention of it, I've started peeking into Arcanists (Ironsides specifically.) 😆 My bank account needs a break. 

6 hours ago, Atriedes said:

I love you. And that idea is amazingly fantastic. 🖤 My brain might explode. 🖤 Is there a reference for creating custom terrain rules?

Honestly, you could create your own encounter scenario like "If any model moves an entire walk in one line or charges, the opponent flips a card. (insert suit or joker) results in the marker moving X". When a model has base contact with the marker, it suffers damage per hazardous terrain."

• Like 1

You could give it a stat line and treat it like an unaligned clockwork trap in that it doesn’t activate but just whacks anyone that gets close.  It starts the game buried but at the start of round 2, pops out in base with a random model.  Then buries again at end of turn, leaving behind a ‘soul stone dust’ marker that can be picked for a free soul stone.  Maybe give bonus VP for killing it.

• 11 months later...