Distribution / Restocks?

Good afternoon,

So I’ve tried to do some research and from what it looks like Wyrd on restocks quarterly at the distribution level? Just asking because I got into Malifaux about two weeks ago and literally the first three crew boxes I tried to purchase were solid out everywhere. I even was cruising shops in the UK who shipped internationally. Are we at the back end of a quarter or shouldn’t I settle in for a long wait? My local play group has advised me that some kits have been “out of stock” for a lloooooonnnggg while. Is this typical? Just really want to pick up The Queens Return and a Hired Guns sometime soon lol.. Thanks for any info anyone can provide on restocks!

Sorry you are having trouble locating product. I recently was looking for a Von Schill box as well and was unable to find a plastic box. Worked out in the end for me however as I prefer metals in general and his old pose so I picked up a box of the old metals on amazon for around 40$. Last I checked they still had 1 left if you were interested.

FYI The old metal box does not include the steam trunk.

Edited by TheJoyInGaming
FYI

Yeah I saw there was one old metal let on eBay but I’d really like to get the new plastics. Just crazy that EVERYONE in NA and in the EU is sold out. The one store I found in Australia that had one didn’t ship to the US and at their prices I’d probably pass anyways lol.. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been waiting for The Queens Return since october 2017, close to a full year now. Titania was supposed to be my first neverborn master, but in the meantime I've gotten Lilith, Pandora, Dreamer and Lucius as well as the Viks for my Outcasts, as well as a LOT of non-master boxes... It's beyond ridiculus, and would most likely have driven me from the game if I didn't love it as much as I do.

Some kind of official response from Wyrd would be appropriate, but I only get sour second hand "answers" from the shop where I ordered it.

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

In fairness some items "stocked" online aren't in stock there either.

There has been some improvements on that part on the online stores lately.

28 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

I'm pretty sure Wyrd's just having a hard time trying to juggle production for M2E, M3E and TOS.

Well they had a hard time handling M2E alone. The delays were already significant when there was no TOS nor M3E.

Especially in France, some LGS just stopped bothering due to the poor distribution structure and the unreliability of the release schedule.

It is very fortunate that, once we get our hands on Wyrd's products, they end up being awesome :D.

Design is Wyrd's strength. Supply Chain management is Wyrd's weakness.

If I have to chose I prefer the current situation but a little improvement wouldn't hurt either.

• Agree 1

The thing is, if a distributor is only checking with Wyrd every month or so, it's going to be really easy to get into a situation where:

• It's in stock with Wyrd
  • The distributor is telling stores that it's not in stock.  And the items may or may not be in transit from Wyrd to the distributor.

And it's happened before, with kits that Wyrd's had in stock for several weeks but the distributor either hasn't checked or hasn't updated.

At least 3 shops I know report the same issues...

My experience is that if you order directly from Wyrd everything goes well but shipping costs and high price per product are deal breakers for me.

If you order from stores, prices vary but supply chain issues are the same for all of them.

I have been involved in miniature gaming for 23 years now and I played a fair share of games. Wyrd is as bad in supply chain management and/or distribution network set up and management as it is good in designing games.

The distributors get stock monthly from Wyrd as far as I understand. Obviously what they get depends upon what Wyrd send them.

I would imagine that models are produced in batches ('cos that's how injection moulding works), and that maybe at the moment there's reticence to produce sets that may be changing at M3E, and no-one wants too much old stock.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, ssrasmussen said:

@Peon

I've been trying to get hold of a Malifaux 2nd Edition Starter Box and some essentials for some time now... I can't get any confirmed date on restock either, would be nice with an expected date instead of Temporarily out of stock message in the webshop :)

My local store has one!

8 hours ago, Clousseau said:

The distributors get stock monthly from Wyrd as far as I understand. Obviously what they get depends upon what Wyrd send them.

I would imagine that models are produced in batches ('cos that's how injection moulding works), and that maybe at the moment there's reticence to produce sets that may be changing at M3E, and no-one wants too much old stock.

There is always an excuse. It is not a M3E thing because it existed before, it is just a flaw.

Release schedules are late, supply chain management is aweful if you don’t order things from Wyrd directly. That’s just Wyrd, they are the Laureen Hill of miniature gaming :D.

I guess is more an issue with the distributor than with Wyrd. In Spain we haven't seen yet the second encounter box, the monster hunters, Paul Crockett and many more models that are available both in the webstore and in the UK. As far as I know Diacash is the distributor for France, Spain and Italy, and in these three countries I know of problems with the stock.

If it were because Wyrd didn't supply then those models wouldn't be available in the UK, so I guess it has to be a problem with the distributor, or between Wyrd and the distributor. All I know is that this is bothering my community and we've started ordering from UK and Wyrd in the Black Friday sale, it will affect the sales of our LGS but is either that or not getting the models. 

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Thedeadclaw I'd do that if I was in the US, but I'm in Europe. Shipping+customs would double the price and that would be excessive even if I love the sculpts. So I keep on waiting and watching the second-hand market.

Btw, the local stores in France don't have Malifaux in stock. Some tried, but stopped. I really hope M3E will revive the game around here.