Wings of Fire order of events

brownoctober

If I have a model which starts its activation within Kaeris' 6" range for WoF, but only gains burning after it has activated, does it ignore the WoF effect since it wasn't burning at the start of the activation? I'm thinking about a setup sequence involving the Fire Golem starting close to Kaeris but will itself gain burning with Flame Nova but don't want to lose burning on the golem.

You need to have burning when you start the activation to benefit from the ability. Since the rail golem can gain burning at the start of its activation I believe you can resolve the rail golem ability first and qualify for Wigs of fire since you as the controller choose the order to resolve abilities at the start activation step. If you gained it after the start phase of the activation you don't get to take advantage of it though.

• Agree 1

Yeah, like Ludwig says, there’s a “start of Activation” step where you resolve all of the ‘at the beginning of Activation’ or similarly phrased effects.  The first action a model takes during its Activation is after that step, so it’s too late to qualify.

• 2 weeks later...