Simplest master in NB?

Anung Un Rama

I'm not sure any of them are a lot more complicated than the others, I would go with the stuff you like. I would steer clear of Collodi and Lilith because they'll be dead man's hand soon. A few months ago I might have recommended Lilith. She has some aspects that are tricky to master but is pretty straightforward in many ways.

1 hour ago, Nagi21 said:

Can you elaborate on that...?

They aren't standard masters in 3rd edition.

Rules will still be released for them (dead man's hand), but there's argument both ways on their overall validity. They aren't valid as standard at tournaments, special provision will be required by the tourney organiser to allow them. (And to be honest, where I play, they'll always be allowed. But still...)

56 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Can you elaborate on that...?

In thenext edition (which is released next year) some master will be written out of the stories. They will still have rules but will not by default be legal in tournaments. The local organiser can still allow them if they wish but those masters will be in some sort of semi-official limbo. I can only assume they will not get new models in the new edition and be phased out entirely in the next editio change some years down the line. You could still get great enjoyment playing them outside of tournaments for at leaat 6 years but a lot of people have reacted with anger when learning their recently bought masters will not be 100% official so I just want to spare you that.

If you only intend to play casually and not go to tournaments I would recommend both of them. They are currently very enjoyable to play.

14 hours ago, Ludvig said:

but a lot of people have reacted with anger when learning their recently bought masters will not be 100% official so I just want to spare you that.

Uh... so they wrote out and "squat'd" the original 1st edition neverborn master.  Which I just so happen to have half my collection based around since they were a tiny mini company...

What the fuck Wyrd?!

2 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

Uh... so they wrote out and "squat'd" the original 1st edition neverborn master.  Which I just so happen to have half my collection based around since they were a tiny mini company...

What the fuck Wyrd?!

Not sure what you mean by squat'd but there are several original masters that will be in this status. They will still be playable and have updated rules, the bit about the models was just me gong out on a limb, all of the removed masters were pretty iconic and popular. I think most of them are actually from the very first ones except for Collodi who only "recently" reached master status. Not sure if they will go away completely or come back later, both Lilith and Ramos are imprisoned so could pop back. Nico is dead but trapped in a soulstone so they will have an "out" if they want to get him back. No one yet knows what is up with Collodi storywise, it seems weird to me to leave the resonably fleshed out puppet theme masterless. 

If you are heavily invested in nephilim you can at least take comfort in Nekima.inheriting the theme. Unfortunstely for me she is one of few nephilim who I never picked up. 

It's not as extreme as GW squats, she is getting rules for the next edition, and all her crew is still playable even without her. Whilst I wouldn't be surprised if she came back I also don't expect her to get a 3rd ed box if she doesn't, so should she vanish entirely in 4 th, you'll have had several years to get used to it. 

• 3 weeks later...

So out of the remaining "safe for M3E" I would suggest in order:

Titania -  Her playstyle allows for making some mistakes (she flies, she's pretty tanky, easily drops markers).  The minions in the box are mostly great.  Thorn and Tooth make it in to a lot of my lists.  Skip The Gorar and pick up a Primordial Magic.

Pandora -  I've only played Pandora twice and if the game goes your way it is oppressive.  Melee, ranged or summoning so she has options to grow in to

Dreamer - Using Growing up it should limit how much you have to buy with less/no summoning?

Lucius - I don't have experience with Lucius to say but he would rely on more guild models to get the most out of him when I've built lists

Zoraida -  Is pretty complicated and not a good way to start the game

21 hours ago, melkore said:

Titania -  Her playstyle allows for making some mistakes (she flies, she's pretty tanky, easily drops markers).  The minions in the box are mostly great.  Thorn and Tooth make it in to a lot of my lists.  Skip The Gorar and pick up a Primordial Magic.

Isn't there info out there saying that in 3rd there won't be anymore generic totems?  I'd definitely skip Gorar for pukesnake until then, but it won't be the same next edition, if I remember correctly.

Right now I'd say the best beginner master is Lilith - Lynch may be more straighforward, but Lilith provides a good mix of ease to play and possible depth. She's low floor, high ceiling. 

Barring masters leaving the faction, I'd have said there are no simple masters in the faction. Neverborn are a trickster team, and as such require some finesse to play, so just buckle up for some rough first rounds - you'll figure it out sooner rather than later, and once you have, you'll have an edge on the competition who cannot wrap their heads around your master quickly. 

• 3 months later...

Lilith and Lynch are excellent choices, but as stated above, they're becoming Dead Man's Hand and Ten Thunders respectively.

I would honestly suggest Titania. She's a straightforward master who is staying in the faction. While most NB masters are subtle manipulators, Titania likes to be in the thick of things and has a pretty simple playstyle. Her box is easily supplemented with any living NB minions and enforcers as she can turn them into Fae.