Red Joker Neverborn

Vandalious

Hey ffolks. Not wanting to deny ones fate right off the bat, I had a player flip Red Joker for her station - Neverborn stolen.

We worked out some background for how she was taken, how her childhood was and when dhe was allowed to venture into the big city on her own.  Am curious how other FM have dealt with this station and concepts, skills, talents and such were either given to the Fated or things done to aid in understanding an upbringing with no contact with "humans" for most of her life.  She has odd coloured eyes from long exposure to more of a pure malifaux energy, single name no last name & its an older less common name(i.e. Lilith & Pandora), she speaks & understand Neverborn language, and I gave her centering 1 due to a lifetime of being among the monsters.

Any other Fate Masters or even Mason have any additional insights or how they handled it.  Had her wander through a Breach that opened to her as a 1or 2 year old that wandered into the shiny portal.

I gave each of my Fated a special bonus based on their back stories.  The person that ended up being Neverborn stolen wanted to have spent the time with Candy.  So I had his character grow up a bit with the Woe *Was like 9ish* but left them when it was clear she was now to big.  Because of Candy's sweets the character had an unnatural reaction to sugar.  Once per session if he ingested a sweet *as a (0) action* he could either make a 2/3/4 healing flip or gain an Extra AP.  But I gave every one of my players something so this was his.

In another game I was a part of my character was Neverborn stolen.  I ended up playing something of a sleeper agent for them as I sought out anything that they could find useful.  My played the character very quite but also quite ruthless when she did finally weight in *wanted to write a warning to the Rat Catchers in the sewers after having a conflict with them using the blood of the one that we captured*.  But because of her task she was very well versed in "humans" thus handled society well.

Really I would find out when a player crossed, how long they were with the Neverborn, and either which ones they wanted to be associated with *Nightmares, Woes, Nephilim, or Zoraida* or one that fit with the campaign.  After that it becomes building something that works.

• Like 1