Whose your favorite Guild Master?

Regelridderen

@Ludvig

True, but for the half that do, a table with lots of terrain can be tricky.  You can't split up a Hoffball, or remotely benefit from Hand-picked Men.  Presumably some crews will still function like that in 3e, so dual-masters may benefit them more than others.  Also works for fluff.  The different Guild masters team up a lot.

6 hours ago, Michael Curran said:

What are your feelings as to potential 'tag team partners' in the guild - who will grab the BELTS?

Unless they seriously adress alphastrike playstyles I think Justice and Perdita could become pretty brutal by just deleting so many enemy models.

@Clockwork_Fish Even if you play Hoffman there's nothing saying that picking LJ will be more efficient than picking a couple of big constructs even if you end up not supporting them. All you do is miss out on those hail marys wheb Hoffman teleports around and gives that machine on thr other side of a building the walk needed to change the game etc. Ithink a master likr Nellie or Perdita who currently have almost zero interaction with keywords in their crew have better potential to abuse a second master.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:33 AM, Michael Curran said:

What are your feelings as to potential 'tag team partners' in the guild - who will grab the BELTS?

I would say Lady J and Nellie if everything retain in M2E. 

Guild does have good henchmen to team with Nellie. However we lack of some high-end beater like Nekima, A&D or Yasunori (the Peacekeeper maybe one but still). And if Nellie can team with our best beater master, with those activation passing, pushing and fast, the Lady can become a monster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Michael Curran said:

Now that LJ took a smack ( hate that she is not stat 7 & has no revolver ‘wth’? )

I can see her being hired as a henchman/beater rather than a leader

*sigh*

They should have given her a hidden or light pistol like the Mech Attendant and Dade. Francisco has a melee of 7. It's crazy LJ doesn't. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Irritated Walrus said:

They should have given her a hidden or light pistol like the Mech Attendant and Dade. Francisco has a melee of 7. It's crazy LJ doesn't. 

Well we are still in beta so this is maybe something that needs addressing, at this point I would suggest playing Lady J against as many different setups as possible so you can give detailed feedback.  As for Francisco's melee stat, it is possible that this is an oversight and should be set lower and could well change in the coming weeks.

Admittedly I am to busy to get any games in of M3e at the moment, squeezed in 3 turns of a game last Sunday and that has been about it.

• Like 1

Yes please consider Swapping out the explosives for a simple revolver.  Its just more ‘in’ character for the marshal faction.

In addition, as the supposed, perhaps self claimed, greatest melee fighter in the Guild and the all around bestest goody two shoes........... shouldn’t she have stat 7 on that samurai sword of hers?

It does make a difference in combat. 😃

52 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

Yes please consider Swapping out the explosives for a simple revolver.  Its just more ‘in’ character for the marshal faction.

In addition, as the supposed, perhaps self claimed, greatest melee fighter in the Guild and the all around bestest goody two shoes........... shouldn’t she have stat 7 on that samurai sword of hers?

It does make a difference in combat. 😃

I understand giving her a decent gun could be crazy since she's already a beat stick, but give her a light pistol then. I think the damage track on them has been 1/2/4 in beta. 

A gun on a melee beater feels off and I would hate for her to lose even more melee oomph to make up for an action that won't be used often. If the gun needs a rule it could be something like the old blindfire to just do a small aura of distract or whatever. It doesn't really bother me personally, maybe thr gun is just a symbol of office, she might not even keep it loaded.

21 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

The model and I believe the new sculpt from gencon - has a pistol IN HAND firing into a coffin.

Considering the range that model is firing at it seems like that's just her melee attack range. I think it's more her way to put stuff to their final rest.

6 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

Ludwig: your a crusty old Guild veteran..... give me a competative LJ crew for 50 SS please my good man.

Wouldn't know where to start in m3e to be honest. I've sort of drifted around all over the place and lost touch with guild. In m2e I'd start with Frank and the Jury and build the rest to taste. I'll enjoy finding out what makes her tick in m3e.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...