Gaston's Neverborn Dojo and Battle Reports

Gaston

Overall:

So 5 games in 4 days is really good for me, I usually get about 1.5 games every 2 weeks, especially recently unfortunately. 2-2-1 probably isn’t the greatest record, but I was experiencing a lot of crews for the very first time and learning what I need in order to tailor to them next time!

Things I do need to explore for Pandora:

-Card draw/card cycling--I spent a LOT of time with awful hands these last few games. The times I did have good hands stood out handily--Turns 1/2 of my last two games, where I was able to get a ton done. So I want to be able to be able to sculpt my hand much better.

-Positive Flips--both on attack and damage they are very efficient. Hooded Rider and Hinamatsu stand out as great examples of these. Focus spamming off of a BBS from my Lucius opponent is a great example.

-Changeling--I want to experiment a bit with this guy and Despair’s Influence and Ancient Pact. He feeds into toss a bad card and draw another card, has Stealth and Disguised, and can put a Crow on Pandora for example to turn her into a Slow machine.

-Candy/Carver/Teddy--I just need to use these models a ton more. Candy is obvious and easy, but then you have some great depth with Temper Tantrum and Goody Basket too. Carver and Teddy I have just never been enthused by.

-Injured--this crew makes for a TON of simple duels, Injured drops stats. Spam out injured, duels get harder to pass. Decay off of Aeslin kinda fills into this slot.

-Woe--this is a pretty weak keyword, thematically speaking, so that makes it easy to just grab whatever models you want to test with. Just thought it worth pointing out.

37 minutes ago, Gaston said:

-Card draw/card cycling--I spent a LOT of time with awful hands these last few games. The times I did have good hands stood out handily--Turns 1/2 of my last two games, where I was able to get a ton done. So I want to be able to be able to sculpt my hand much better.

Doing what you can to improve your hand is useful (I'm convinced Ancient Pact should only go on minions for the card draw), but it is an easy trap in games like this to think the answer to crappy hands is card draw.

You have a few other tools to consider:

First, many useful actions do not require cards.

Positioning is critical. If you only have a few good cards, don't spend your movement going into melee and attacking, then getting attacked back. Spend your actions getting in solid positions so they have to come to you, then use your 1-2 high cards for a precision attack.

Also interacting, dropping terrain or removing terrain, bluffing, and many tactical actions don't require high cards to complete.

Second, efficiency. Get more efficient with your actions and cards. Sometimes managing to get a focus in the right place turn 1 gets you an attack you need in turn 3 without having to cheat, or causes you to do enough extra damage it saves you an attack. Learn to use your resources well.

Card draw is fantastic, but it too easily becomes a crutch.

In general I agree on card draw and efficiency, however it only works in certain schemes (and at the moment they feel weighted toward combat). I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but during a run of crappy hands, I did much better on Plant Explosives than I did in Turf War or Reckoning. I do also like damage that doesn't interact with an opponent, I think that could be a hidden strength of Nekima that is still untapped.

• 1 month later...

I was finally! able to get my Savage models on the table. There is a local slow grow running, so I jumped down to 40ss to give things a shot!

Corner - Reckoning
- Harness the Leyline
- Hold Up their Forces
- Take Prisoner
- Power Ritual
- Outflank

Euripides, 6ss
-Primordial Magic
Gigant
Gigant
Cyclops
Serena Bowman
Black Blood Shaman

I wanted Serena for the healing (Reckoning and Hard to Kill) and the Shaman to try to get some focus efficiency and then grow into a Mature for another beater. One of my goals since getting the box set was to get some more play time in with the Gigants.

Charles Hoffman, 2ss
-Mechanical Attendant
Hunter
Hunter
Guardian
Peacekeeper
Mobile Toolkit

This was my first game against Hoffman so I know he has Armor...and...other...things? Guess we find out the hard way!

FGxBNw7Hcy60bNs5rFQDpK01E64F5reY5J3MmxcT

Turn 1 Summary

This turn was relatively unexciting. Hoffman handed out some fast, some focused, and a whole lotta “power tokens”, which I am sure are completely benign. Shaman led us off with a Focus pulse. I was able to get the Cyclops up to make a crystal for Euripides. He hopped to that one, then made two more for the Gigants. They then hopped in turn, and then moved up (getting an 18” move ain’t too shabby). The Peacekeeper did get a bead on one of the Gigants late in the turn and dragged it up.

uDP4Q4k0TXXp_KS-yrs3m6FZxVtDRxyNS7jXfUUE

Turn 2 Summary

The Gigant in range of the Peacekeeper took a shot at it, and blasted damage onto the Mechanical Attendant. He then hopped to a different pillar, blasted the Guardian and killed the Attendant. Euripides made a bunch more ice pillars, then charged in on the Hunter and banged it up. The Hunter was able to use a token to push away, walk and scheme. A Gigant followed up, but failed to kill it. The Guardian made some mess in the middle of the table, but was able to get a scheme marker on the centerline, ditto for the other Hunter. BBS grew up into a Mature.

Hoffman: 2VP (Outflank, Harness the Leyline)
Euripides: 1VP (Hold Up)

sf687zRHfGLoUKckYIkz079gTOqx2gTJYB5c4ouE

Turn 3 Summary

A focused Gigant takes down the Hunter with a Red Joker on damage (cheated in). The Cyclops is able to Stagger the Peacekeeper, taking him down to Mv 2. Pretty much everything goes in on the stupid Guardian, they get it down to 2 HP. Euripides tries to block Hoffman in with pillars, but what I missed was that he can make his Blowtorch Rng 3 with a token, so he is able to walk around the pillar and heal up the Guardian to full, d’oh! The Peacekeeper is able to kill the Primordial Magic...because I am dumb at positioning.

Euripides: 2 VP (Reckoning)
Hoffman: 3 VP (Reckoning)

jUMm1OW9wnewegh-4_CuB9se4vJbbgSlQc-gFJV5

Unfortunately the game ended on time there, just my normal weekday bedtime limiting fun time I am afraid. Big misplay on the torch heal, otherwise I think that the Guardian goes down next turn, the Peacekeeper should be pretty easy to control, and I start running schemes a bit better.

Corner - Reckoning
- Harness the Leyline
- Hold Up their Forces
- Take Prisoner
- Power Ritual
- Outflank

Euripides, 5ss
-Primordial Magic
Cyclops
Cyclops
Geryon
Geryon
Serena Bowman
Black Blood Shaman

Prof Von Schtook, 6ss
-The Whisper
-Research Assistant
Necropunk
Undergraduate
Carrion Emissary
The Valedictorian
-Grave Spirit’s Touch
Anna Lovelace

hRMXewJTPXHeMWkjZf0oL_QbP74nfhHew0j_oCQZ

Turn 1 Summary

A lot of moving around mostly. I put some time and effort into getting a lot of scheme markers on the wrong centerline (in my defense, it was a long day at work). He flank denies and heads toward the top corner with everything, neutralizing my bottom Geryon and putting the top Geryon somewhat all alone.

RSC_vgzkkULC7SRdR6htG7_8xWBbUexKyl35iCkI

Turn 2 Summary

Shaman is able to grow up into a Mature, I redo my pillars to score up the correct centerline. Valedictorian is given fast. She uses Lecture Notes to place base to base with the Geryon and sidestep the pillars and Extended Reach. She nails him, gets Shove Aside, nails Serena with a Red Joker, then jacks up the Geryon some more. The Undergraduate is able to place by the Valedictorian and kill off Serena. Euripides bangs on the Valedictorian.

Von Schtook: 2 VP (Harness the Leyline, Reckoning)
Euripides: 1 VP (Harness the Leyline)

sqYFDnbgPwjv6GUsYoUHYFREbtGCDuPVul6qGD57

Turn 3 Summary

Mature goes in and kills the Undergraduate. Von Schtook kills the Mature and Cyclops with Gruesome Lecture. Euripides and Cyclops beat on Valedictorian, who returns the favor with friends. Last activation is the Primordial Magic, who just runs to engage.

Von Schtook: 4 VP (Harness the Leyline, Reckoning)
Euripides: 3 VP (Hold Up Their Forces, Reckoning)

dD1N6mDMdWO2zgrrgxaVG2WIzRNBRQFEgFLqeRNk

Game ends on time.

Lessons Learned: Obviously I lost this one big and played it horribly. I went for the wrong centerline, which is just dumb, I also let him deny a flank and that left a Geryon basically out of the game entirely. For better or worse cards played a part of things, esp when the Valedictorian came on it, I was working with pooh from hand and top deck. This actually taught me a valuable lesson about shuffling decks if you are using Old Ways--you stick all your high cards in one spot, so to break them up you got to SHUFFLE. A LOT. 

Turf War

Breakthrough
Search the Ruins
Dig Their Graves
Deliver a Message
Power Ritual

Euripides, 5ss
-Primordial Magic
Cyclops
Cyclops
Gigant
-Ancient Pact
Gigant
-Ancient Pact
Serena Bowman
Black Blood Shaman

Hamelin, 5ss
-Stolen
-Stolen
-Stolen
Malifaux Rat x5
Rat Catcher
Rat Catcher
Benny Wolcomb
Nix
Rat King

QORsNTLKTfXpIsaaA4R9GjJqsXZu33Zcq1ELsEDT

Turn 1 Summary

A ton of Rats activate as I burn a ton of pass tokens. Eventually I get to work, with the BBS charging and popping the Gigant for Severe damage (seriously?!), making a corpse, then popping out some Focus. The Cyclopsii prep some port-a-pillars, one in the center, and one on the right flank. Hamelin Lures one towards Nix. Snake flips the marker, gives incorporeal to a Gigant. Serena heals the poor Gigant up. With most of the trash activations out of the way, Euriprides pops up to an ice pillar, and dunks a crap-ton of movement duels and a tossed pillar (TN 19) on 3 Rats, Benny, and two Catchers. The rats all die, the Catchers eat 2 points a piece, and Benny takes a bit more, having been on the receiving end of all 3 duels. A Gigant pillar jumps and flips the right side marker, the incorporeal one just comes up the middle.

vbuvEJI9wxr0EboUxOkBiRaHJxbGfbdBhSUGHRU_

Turn 2 Summary

Euripides goes first, pillars up on Nix for some damage, and the Rat King as well. He teleports over to the Rat King and uses his focus to cheat in damage and kill him off. Nix charges through the pillars, puts some jaws onto the Cyclops. The Cyclops and Serena are able to take him down with some Focus and a Red Joker damage flip (we missed Cruel Disappointment in game, I am only catching it now during the write-up as I am looking at cards--makes a big difference). Hamelin and the Stolen make a blighted Gattling Gun team and tear into Serena and the Cyclops, leaving Serena on 2 and the Cyclops on Hard to Kill. The BBS flys the snake up, and Delivers a Message to Hamelin, then heals Serena and the Cyclops. The other Cyclops walk/charge hits Benny, then uses the heal on the injured Cyclops. The Snake runs behind the house. He invests some AP into removing pillars.

Euripides: 2 VP (Deliver a Message, Turf War)
Hamelin: 0 VP

HIDQc5xb-WGaxjJeFc4FJw5I3CIe_LXMAvJa1hbx

Turn 3 Summary

I win initiative, Serena does a bunch of self healing and kills a Rat. Hamelin tries to take down the Cyclops again, only gets it to Hard to Kill again (some Red Joker action on my part to save the guy). The Gigant tries to shoot some of the youth to use the RJ, but turns out they are stealth, oops! Cyclops is able to dodge some more Vomiting Disease through dumb Cyclops luck, then he uses a pillar to heal himself and Frozen Vigor to heal again. On the other flank the Gigant focuses and drops a hammer on the Rat Catcher for Severe, then uses the double blast to kill Benny and a rat. Euripides drops a scheme marker, walks, ports to an ice pillar, then charges the Rat Catcher, taking him to 1 Wd. The Catcher eats a rat to heal up, swings and misses on Euripides. Snake Schemes. Cyclops Schemes. 

Euripides: 4 VP (Search the Ruins, Turf War)

avj7EWKIFRhuU-wk91WoXgP8YgQCwBgRvEkowMc5

Turn 4 Summary

I win initiative again via Cheating, Ill Omens, and a pass token. Euripides carves up all 3 Stolen and a Rat Catcher. Hamelin does what he can, but is all alone. 3 more Schemes get dropped by terrain, another is placed next to Hamelin via Cyclops Ice Pillar Magic.

Euripides: 7 VP (Search the Ruins, Deliver a Message, Turf War)

1zIo3h9gBL1pIQVmRFdwbMHe2PXOXWERbh_Bb18g

Game ends on time. Pretty decisive here (granted he and I had the same Hamelin level of experience going into this, so I wouldn’t overthink the score). I think the scheme pool favored me, also he had a limited model selection to choose from, I think with either some Winged Plagues and Arik/Mad Dog things play out much differently. It did showcase how effective the keyword can be against weaker horde-style armies, with killing the rats, or even non-Wong/Zipp Gremlins. I did see at least 2 spots where I played Intuition/Focus/Old Ways incorrectly--something I definitely need practice with.

Plant Explosives

Breakthrough
Take Prisoner
Claim Jump
Outflank
Hold Up Their Forces

I need to get more Thoon Time going, so I grab him. I opt for a Bultingun so due to Outflank and Plant Explosives, and also to hide behind a forest on the left side of the table. The Gigant was to help launch a model forward via Shattering Shove, the last few times I have played versus Wong he has hang back and shot me to bits and bits, so I wanted to be able to close the distance.

Euripides, 6ss
-Primordial Magic [x]
Cyclops [x]
Cyclops
Bultingun [x]
Thoon [xx]
Gigant
Geryon
-Inhuman Reflexes

Wong
-Olivia
Lightning Bug
Lightning Bug
Gautreaux Bokor
Pigapult
Gracie
Swine Cursed
Sammy LaCroix

GN2R15PspqgNskB9-6FWKafN0cLZ5e7liisxuOyu

Turn 1 Summary

A whole lotta moving up. Wong does Wong things. The Cyclops made some pillars, Euripides was able to pop over to one and throw another 10” forwad. The turn culminated with a Gigant shoving the Geryon through one pillar and out another, then teleporting himself forward to yet another pillar. Geryon goes in on Sammy, gets her down to 2 Wd, but the Swine Cursed is Cursedly Fast, so he is able to leap in with Heroic Intervention and deal out 4 damage. 

iNpn917KhyyaRl2rrm5E8FpQHX4rhzpiJsmx_zgx

Turn 2 Summary

Gracie beats up on Geryon, he survives and charges Sammy, but fails to kill her. Swine Cursed gets him in the end. More moving, more shooting, more pillars. The two Lightning Bugs make a MESS of Euripides with irreducible damage, dropping him to 3 Wds. Bultingun is able to drop his marker, Thoon as well. Snake moves up the left flank. Gigant runs to the other flank. Bultingun uses Deadly Pursuit to scoot back to centerline.

Euripides: 3 VP (Plant Explosives, Claim Jump [Cyclops], Outflank)
Wong: 0 VP

ZuhP2dWla9ksNmTZm67oQ6O7efxJuu2gbYEm3Bwe

Turn 3 Summary

Euripides leads off, making several ice pillars and pitching one at Gracie before teleporting to safety (at this point I’m in delay and deny mode). Bokur Obeys Gracie, Cyclops walks, charges, and kills a Lightning Bug. Gigant walks through the woods, ports over to a pillar and shoots Gracie, does nothing. Gracie repays the favor by killing the poor Gigant. Second Lightning Bug escapes the Cyclops and gets him to 1 Wd. Swine-Cursed gets to Thoon with Heroic Intervention, does some damage, Thoon repays the favor by shoving him in an ice cube. Pigapult drops in the Bokor to free up the Swine-Cursed next round. Bultingun walks and charges Sammy, drops her to 1 Wd (she had been healed a bunch). Primordial drops a bomb.

Euripides: 4 VP (Plant Explosives) 

ZuhP2dWla9ksNmTZm67oQ6O7efxJuu2gbYEm3Bwe

Turn 4 Summary

Thoon leads off, finishes the Bokor to keep the Swine-Cursed buried. Lightning Bug finishes Cyclops, Bultingun finishes Sammy. Pigapult launches Oliva.

Game ends on time.

Euripides: 6 VP (Plant Explosives, Claim Jump)

Well, that was interesting. I was getting super obliterated with his gunline, but conversely he wasn’t moving forward to score quickly enough. Thoon was down to 2 Wd, so was Euripides. I think --if-- the cards were right enough, I might be able to lay a pillar and Stagger Gracie, which knocking her to Mv 2 would be pretty controlling. 

Thoughts on Savages after a couple of games:

--Don’t forget Abundant Growth on the Bultingun!

--Forcing myself to play Gigants has paid off. I didn’t think they were actually bad on paper, but they play quite well on the table. I do like that they have the ability to teleport, that can toss them 20” up the table Turn 1, pretty easily (Teleport 8 + Base Size, walk, walk). 

--Thoon remains in a weird spot for me. Frozen Trophy is amazing, the rest seems….alright?

--SHUFFLE YO DECK!!! So for a while I couldn’t figure out why my flips were always terrible. Finally it dawned on me that with Old Ways, you are stacking all of your severes together, so if you shuffle poorly, then they won’t get redistribute throughout your deck. 

--Keywork is bad at getting there, but great at keeping your opponents where they are. Noticeable in the first two games where I really didn’t want to split up, but much better in the third game which was more centrally focused on the table. 

--Ping healing does wonders with Hard to Kill. True story. Also, when I skipped Serena, I missed her a ton.

--There is a huge difference between crews that can ignore ice pillars (flight, incorporeal, removal), and those that cannot.

--I need to learn my opponent’s card better. The Valedictorian straight up murdered me, and I missed that Hoffman could make his heal range 3 instead of 1, which was crucial. Mostly just gonna take time and reps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Holiday gaming day!!! Wooooooo!

I went through this thread and did a count up, and realized that I hadn’t any non-beta Titania reports. So let’s get this Fae train going!

Reckoning

Assassinate
Claim Jump
Search the Ruins
Detonate the Charges
Deliver a Message

Titania, 6ss
-Gorar
Aeslin
Serena Bowman
Mysterious Emissary
Autumn Knight
-Ancient Pact
Autumn Knight
-Ancient Pact

I have absolutely no clue what Asami does, so we’ll wing it! I haven’t played overmuch with the Autumn Knights, and they are tanky enough that now seems to be a good time to try them out. Deliver a Message, especially with Aeslin to provide the second point at range, and Claim Jump on Serena because I love her.

Asami, 7ss
-Amanjaku
Ama No Zako
Dawn Serpent
Jorogumo
Jorogumo
Yokai

AFJ_hNXoo-x4rndz18QKrlLTszqG_ydQVnN_KMF1

Turn 1 Summary

Some walking forward and focusing, I am being very conservative around the Jorogumo who seem pretty scary. The Dawn Serpent scoots up a bit too far, so the Emissary walks on up and shoots him, blasting down some hazardous terrain to cover a Jorogumo as well. Asami comes up and pushes the models around a bit, freeing the Jorogumo. Aeslin walks up, shoots his butt right back into the thorns and hazardous terrain. The other Jorogumo walks around the terrain, Titania uses Germinate to leap forward, Queen’s Command to move some terrain to the Jorogumo, and then she blasts it straight to death. Ama wanders on up.

ZP-HOekApIWz8I_-8n0TxsKViARB0S_qFfbe8EXN

Turn 2 Summary

Jorogumo leads off and hops over to the Emissary. It gets some licks in, but I save a high card to prevent it from getting the no-healing action off. Emissary brings the Dawn Serpent down to 1 Wd in response. Asami pushes Ama forward twice towards the Emissary. Serena heals the Emissary twice, then charges Ama for some damage. Ama is engaged now, and has to waste an AP to attack back. Both Knights go in on her (one focused), as well as Titania, and she goes down. Titania also commands an Underbrush marker to the Jorogumo to kill it with the final damage. Dawn Serpent dies to hazardous. The Yokai lays some mysterious scheme markers in my backfield. Aeslin walks towards Asami.

Titania: 2VP (Reckoning, Claim Jump [Serena])
Asami: 0 VP

-fJDgp_MxFEbbZhkedW7-l1I2LAj2tEb_0r8kIn9

Turn 3 Summary

I win initiative, Aeslin walks up and Delivers a Message. Yokai walks and drops another scheme marker. Serena pops a shot at the Yokai. Asami summons an Obsidian Oni, it goes in on a Knight, does a good amount of damage before flickering out. The Knight walks back and the Gorar and other Knight put out the flames. Emissary walks and focuses. Titania hops over to the Yokai, but fails to kill it sadly.

Titiania: 3VP (Deliver a Message)
Asami: 1VP (Search the Ruins)

VdVamDYyW9ua6pTtTzmkbmoqI4ec7zFWqCwJM14Q

Turn 4 Summary

Yokai delivers a message, laaaaame. Asami pushes away the Emissary, summons another Yokai, and beats on Aeslin (who dies). One Knight takes out the Yokai before it can activate, Titania kills the other Yokai. Serena heals herself and the near dead Knight, the Gorar hatches an egg and out pops an Aeslin! Surprise!

Titania: 4VP (Reckoning)
Asami: 3VP (Deliver a Message, Reckoning)

rIkyNeLZTd9IqQg9K1sgCjofLs0WG2GrCKz5FWIc

Turn 5 Summary

A knight charges in on Asami, ultimately Aeslin shoots her and uses Into the Thorns to put her closer to Titania, who walks and drops a scheme marker.

Titania: 6VP (Deliver a Message, Claim Jump)
Asami: 3VP 

30xC4EKM1inPvN3aLvgLbs7B4lOLf0Er6HGBeL6p

It has taken a few games, but the Emissary is finally clicking for me. I also really enjoyed putting in the Autumn Knights, having the Hard to Wound to negate the Flicker buff was very useful. I was also able to successfully fish out a Black Joker with them and Ancient Pact, which is just satisfying. I can't stress enough how much I enjoy playing Titania, she is just such a fun master to use and I think a great one to start with if you are just looking at the faction for the very first time.

Turf War

Breakthrough
Harness the Leyline
Take Prisoner
Dig Their graves
Vendetta

The Dreamer, 8ss
-Lord Chompy Bits
Daydream
-Ancient Pact
Daydream
-Ancient Pact
Serena Bowman
Widow Weaver
Bandersnatch

Another master whom I just haven’t played all that much is the Dreamer. While I know that Lucid Dream spam is really, really strong, I just can’t quit the really cool Henchman and Enforcers that the Nightmare keyword has. Ancient Pact on the Daydreams is pretty nice, as you can sit them way far in the back and generate some card draw and easy Lucid Dreams.

Basse, 2ss
-Bernadette
Paul Crockett
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Brutal Emissary
The Jury
Pale Rider

k8AB7wKuDfjvB-acu43lCcqw6TWpe8jFfGpd5yEA

Turn 1 Summary

He caps his markers easily due to the extra deployment, my Daydreams push up Coppelius and Widow Weaver. Crockett takes a bead on Coppelius and blasts him with a Red Joker on damage. Serena is able to heal him just for 1 Wd. Weaver flips her marker, then lays a web marker. Rider rides up, shoots Coppelius, injured and staggered. Coppelius flips his marker and gets outta dodge, but then Basse uses Caught in Quicksand to pull him right back out. Bandersnatch pops over to a web, attacks and Red Jokers a Pathfinder, then does 2 damage and poison to another one, but fails to bury. Brutal Emissary comes in on it and does 3 damage to the spider. Dreamer pops Chompy up to the Jury, the Jury Obeys Chompy away, so Chompy puts two sings onto the Emissary. Pathfinder dies to poison.

Qdt_wU0ZGzVLTv0JcT-rTqPfjl2trFN3iswDinrG

Turn 2 Summary

Coppelius kicks it off to charge in on Crockett before he dies, 4 damage in two swings (opting not to trigger Ahh, My Eye in order to stay engaged). Serena goes in and misses as well, heals Coppelius. Rider does Ride with Me on Basse, takes some shots somewhere. Dreamer comes in, kills Crockett, gives shielded and a push to everyone. Basse beats up on Coppelius, Bernadette too. It’s a big mess over there. Chompy, Weaver, Emissary just keep at it, Pathfinder makes a trap, is down to 2 Wd after poison and Emissary healing. Amusingly, the Pathfinder accidentally kills the Bandersnatch, which was its Vendetta target (negative on damage, got 2 Severe, can’t cheat). 

Dreamer: 1VP (Turf War)
Basse: 1 VP (Turf War)

KeCbmIJBIrCrjO6XeqdIEH5owj4b3LreptVvZjPc

Turn 3 Summary

Rider goes nuts and blasts everyone for 4 damage. Basse is able to kill Serena, trigger Eternal. He burns through all his cards (and stones) early on, so Chompy goes ahead and Executes the Emissary and kills off the Pathfinder. Weaver collects some stuffing, then pops over to a web marker, walks and schemes. Dreamer is able to summon a Stitched, and pop it out by Bernatte and bring Chompy over with the trigger. Stitched gambles with the Rider, and LOSES, I cheat in a 12, he flips a 13. Consolation prize is doing 2 damage and poison to Bernadette. Jury reflips the center marker. 

Dreamer: 3VP (Turf War, Breakthrough)
Basse: 2VP (Turf War)

G-qIS2iQHcvCzCzN-4UnWfQX__vNVDQvOY1pTaw5

Turn 4 Summary

Serena heals up Dreamer and Stitched, kills Bernadette to unflip the marker. Rider gets a Red Joker on Devastation damage, kills Dreamer, Eternals Serena, and just messes everyone up. Then he kills Chompy with severe damage. Then he kills the Stitched for fun. Basse kills Serena again, then flips the marker. Widow Weaver pops over to the Turf Marker and claims it, drops a Web. Jury moves up to my deployment zone, lacks AP to drop a marker...yet. 

Dreamer: 4VP (Turf War)
Basse: 2VP 

IHxg9XvlGa4OQQ06y6nYN_8wKnPxgV69FAR4eNnr

Turn 5 Summary

Rider rides, bombs Widow Weaver, shoots her, but only does 3 damage. Weaver webs over to the central marker, unflips it, and uses a stuffing marker to summon a Stitched. Jury drops a scheme marker and Obeys the Stitched to reclaim the marker. Stitched walks to stop Jury from getting Breakthrough

Dreamer: 4 VP
Basse: 2 VP

N4O3JHzzX-9t_hoRrpzp24CpT3oW0a9geYpNECEE

Lessons Learned: Really tough game. Ancient Pact on the Daydreams was very helpful with card draw, I pulled about 8-ish cards with Lucid Dreaming, top 2 were 7’s, rest were 5 or lower. I believe we did play Devastation from the Rider incorrectly (according to Facebook anyway--it was too painful to try to check the rules on a phone), where one damage flip determined for everyone, obviously this would be less painful for that Red Joker on turn 4. It would probably be better to not have run the Bandersnatch/Widow Weaver combo, but damn you can’t say that Weaver didn’t have it going on. I am pretty terrible at summoning, the way my hands worked out is I usually only had 1 face card this game and didn’t have it in hand when summoning time came. 

@Kolath

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Enjoying hearing more Euripides play.  I've been away from the tables for awhile and this is helping me feel up to speed. I agree with the points you are making in the crew. I think the big one for me and possibly other Euripides players is using Gigants to shove other friendly models through a pillar.  I didn't think about that for a long time.  Thoon is also in a wacky place. Very fast and a great pillar trigger, but otherwise meh for points.  Thank you for the deck shuffling pointer. I also noticed this because quick shuffles don't always break up hot spots and Old ways does gather them more together than normal play.

• Thanks 1