M3E Guild Prediction(read: Wish)

Rufess

I'm torn. I do like that idea. I also like the idea that X has this keyword because of lazy accounts/bureaucracy.

EDIT: "Why are the Wicked dolls hanging out with the Nephilim?" "Honestly, Titania's accountants just thought it would be easier to group them together since they're small like Terror Tots." "Sometimes, I regret the centralization of power."
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/20/2018 at 8:17 PM, MandalorynOranj said:

I hope most of the constructs are versatile. Watchers are, imo, the Guild's best scheme running minion maybe outside Field Reporters, and I just love taking Peacekeepers with everyone.

You can still take them with every master if they remain Guild models, right?

Yes, hiring non-versatile, non-themed models in your own faction will come with the merc tax I believe. I wonder if you are even allowed more than two such hires. Would be like the old henchman special forces again. It will definitely kill off the usefulness of 2-4 ss out of theme models unless they are severely broken at their base cost.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Yes, hiring non-versatile, non-themed models in your own faction will come with the merc tax I believe. I wonder if you are even allowed more than two such hires. Would be like the old henchman special forces again. It will definitely kill off the usefulness of 2-4 ss out of theme models unless they are severely broken at their base cost.

Given that you can take more than one master, one of the big questions to me is whether that means that you open up a whole new hiring theme when you pay the cost for that second master.

33 minutes ago, Dirach said:

Mason wrote: "...some Henchman have two Keyword and lend themselves to some odd hiring pools."

As I understand this henchmen will have the ability to open up other themes. I guess this ability also apply to Masters. 

I’m pretty sure that quote was in the context of the Henchman with two keywords leading the crew.  There have been a few denials of non-leader Masters opening up new hiring for their keywords.

1 hour ago, solkan said:

I’m pretty sure that quote was in the context of the Henchman with two keywords leading the crew.  There have been a few denials of non-leader Masters opening up new hiring for their keywords.

I guess you are right. I read the word "lend" as "helping the leader" but I am i danger of putting to much of my own hopes into the quote, and as english is not my main language I´m not even sure if I can read it my way. 

I like your name "Solkan" by the way. I guess it shares the same root as my user name :D 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dirach said:

Maybe Ryle will be a key piece to open up archanist constructs?

Today i realized Ryle is in Wyrd's Death Man's Hand List: https://www.wyrd-games.net/m3e-dead-mans-hand

So i suppose he will not really be meta or key piece.

A pity, i never used him too much in M2E, and was hoping to find a good use in M3E for him.

6 hours ago, Mah’s Wooden Spoon said:

Already stated somewhere that the judge is a title and so there is always one....can’t remember which thread

That is just my theory. I don't think anyone official has said so. The only official statement is that The Judge is dead. 

However, since the Dead Man's Hand page mentions not only Masters, but other models as well, I still think that this is possible. Changing the Judge to another person would still have a large impact on the stories.

3 hours ago, Mortarion said:

That is just my theory. I don't think anyone official has said so. The only official statement is that The Judge is dead. 

However, since the Dead Man's Hand page mentions not only Masters, but other models as well, I still think that this is possible. Changing the Judge to another person would still have a large impact on the stories.

The Judge you know and love is dead.

The Guild's HR department filled the position shortly after his death, and Lady Justice decided to keep his name for the position as a way to honor him, cause feelings and stuff.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mason said:

The Judge you know and love is dead.

The Guild's HR department filled the position shortly after his death, and Lady Justice decided to keep his name for the position as a way to honor him, cause feelings and stuff.

So, playable Judge and progression in the story? Awesome!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, Lord J said:

Today i realized Ryle is in Wyrd's Death Man's Hand List: https://www.wyrd-games.net/m3e-dead-mans-hand

So i suppose he will not really be meta or key piece.

A pity, i never used him too much in M2E, and was hoping to find a good use in M3E for him.

I hadn't seen that page, but looking at Ramos' card it seems that the keyword hiring might be more restricted than I thought.  Or it could just be a rule to limit Ramos to Arcanist Constructs.  It does seem to indicate that Construct is one of the hiring keywords, so that will likely be Hoffman's hiring pool (surprising nobody).

Depends what they're doing with scrap markers now. If constructs are still the things that drop them I could see it being one of the keywords that goes over multiple factions and not being relevant for faction hiring. Give Hoffman something like Amalgamations relevant to his office. It just lets Ramos take his traditional crew of all the robots plus cyborgs like joss and howard who might not be in Hoffmans thematic crew.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:37 PM, Primate said:

Depends what they're doing with scrap markers now. If constructs are still the things that drop them I could see it being one of the keywords that goes over multiple factions and not being relevant for faction hiring. Give Hoffman something like Amalgamations relevant to his office. It just lets Ramos take his traditional crew of all the robots plus cyborgs like joss and howard who might not be in Hoffmans thematic crew.

Possibly, but Joss and Howard should be the ones with an Amalgamation keyword, rather than the likes of the Peacekeeper or Watcher (i.e. amalgamations of man and machine, rather than pure machine).  Construct being teh keyword makes sense to me, especially with the vast majority of constructs being Guild or Arcanist, whihc will be both of Hoffmans factions.  The likes of Ice Gamin have lost the Construct keyword, so it stands to reason other non-robotic constructs might have lost it too.

6 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

Possibly, but Joss and Howard should be the ones with an Amalgamation keyword, rather than the likes of the Peacekeeper or Watcher (i.e. amalgamations of man and machine, rather than pure machine).  Construct being teh keyword makes sense to me, especially with the vast majority of constructs being Guild or Arcanist, whihc will be both of Hoffmans factions.  The likes of Ice Gamin have lost the Construct keyword, so it stands to reason other non-robotic constructs might have lost it too.

I imagine you're right to an extent that they've pared it back, but I can't see things like the mechanical porkchop and Lazarus losing it. I still think that Hoffman will get something else and constructs will continue to be the thing that drops scrap markers though. The alternative is having a special rule on all relevant models that they drop scrap markers, and that seems untidy (although maybe they've completely changed the mechanics and now no markers are generated on model death, only through other means).

16 minutes ago, Primate said:

I imagine you're right to an extent that they've pared it back, but I can't see things like the mechanical porkchop and Lazarus losing it. I still think that Hoffman will get something else and constructs will continue to be the thing that drops scrap markers though. The alternative is having a special rule on all relevant models that they drop scrap markers, and that seems untidy (although maybe they've completely changed the mechanics and now no markers are generated on model death, only through other means).

Unless the scrap marker rules haven't changed, but the pool of things that drop them have.  Although, that may well require new abiilities that caused scrap markers to be introduced.  Don't you just love pointless discussion of things we haven't seen yet? 😁

• Haha 2