Baby Bottle of Amontillado... OR... Montresor's Creepy Daycare

Jesy Blue

So, I'm working on my non-traditional Hamelin list, and I'm torn between 2 options.

Here's where it starts:

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Hamelin + 1 Pool
 - The Piper (2)
 - Plague Pits (1)
 - Sewer King (1)
Montresor (9)
 - Brick By Brick (0)
 - Fearful Whispers (1)
Nix (8)
 - Infectious Melodies (1)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
Greed (9)
 - The Creeping Terror (1)
Obedient Wretch (4)

This leaves me 12 points left.  Now do I :

A) hire
 three Crooligans, leaving me with only 1 Soul Stone to start off with.  
OR
B)  do I hire Baby Cade and have a full 7 Soul Stones.

Here's my thought processes:

A)  The 3 Crooligans I put with the 3 Plague Pits using From the Shadows; this keeps the Plague Pits from being removed turn one as there is someone there to prevent interact actions.  The Crooligan's The Mist action keeps them from being picked off easily right away, and the more you have to work to get them gone, the more Blight one would pick up early on.  Also, the Creepy ability works well with the mass Montresor push.  Also, they are one of the best scheme runners in the game so i've have them out there.

B)  With Baby Cade, again with the mass Montresor push, since it's my turn, choose which models get pulled first, pull Cade into base contact, then everyone else who is pulled into Cade's melee range gets hit with his Pounce, and since Montresor is there, that would be min 3 damage, with the change of a trigger for min 5 damage (if only his 1" melee range was better).  The extra soul stones then work with keep Montresor alive, keeping Nix alive, and rapid summoning of The Stolen.

In both variations, the basic premise is run Montresor and Nix up, draw everyone in, Nix mass blights the area with Drink Spirit, everyone has a penalty to Wilpower due to Montresor's Mocking Laughter (and maybe Crooligan's Creepy), so failing the Willpower test is more common.  The Blight stacks up quickly, move the Plague Pits towards the pile up, then Hamelin, Obedient Wretch and the summoned The Stolen lay waste to the blighted things.  All the while, Greed sits nearby plinking people who don't/can't spend soul stones on their turns in the pile, stealing soul stones if she can, and healing whoever needs it (usually Montresor).  

So where do I go?  A) or B)?
... or do you have a C) that doesn't mess with the core set up?

Questions, Comments, Criticism, Concerns, and other words that start with C below. 

• Like 1

Personally I don't rate cruligans as good scheme runners. They are ok, but I'd consider winged plague or desperate mercenaries. they can't lay more than 4 scheme markers in a game, they can't escape engagement to go and drop a marker.

You have the in the middle with Kade and 1 cruligan. And I'd probably pick the combination based on strategy and schemes. 

3 hours ago, Deathinabox said:

I'd also suggest swapping out greed for something else. At ten points I don't think you're gonna be getting value for her.

I need someone to carry The Creeping Terror, because making all of Montresor's area affects 6" has been truly amazing.  Since he's full up, the only Tormented models left that can carry an upgrade I can take are Crossroad Seven models.  Pride would be cheaper, but he's not very good.  The only other one I have is Lust, and I don't really think I need more movement tricks.  If you have another idea for that id love to hear it.

12 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

So, I'm working on my non-traditional Hamelin list, and I'm torn between 2 options.

Here's where it starts:

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Hamelin + 1 Pool
 - The Piper (2)
 - Plague Pits (1)
 - Sewer King (1)
Montresor (9)
 - Brick By Brick (0)
 - Fearful Whispers (1)
Nix (8)
 - Infectious Melodies (1)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
Greed (9)
 - The Creeping Terror (1)
Obedient Wretch (4)

This leaves me 12 points left.  Now do I :

A) hire
 three Crooligans, leaving me with only 1 Soul Stone to start off with.  
OR
B)  do I hire Baby Cade and have a full 7 Soul Stones.

Here's my thought processes:

A)  The 3 Crooligans I put with the 3 Plague Pits using From the Shadows; this keeps the Plague Pits from being removed turn one as there is someone there to prevent interact actions.  The Crooligan's The Mist action keeps them from being picked off easily right away, and the more you have to work to get them gone, the more Blight one would pick up early on.  Also, the Creepy ability works well with the mass Montresor push.  Also, they are one of the best scheme runners in the game so i've have them out there.

B)  With Baby Cade, again with the mass Montresor push, since it's my turn, choose which models get pulled first, pull Cade into base contact, then everyone else who is pulled into Cade's melee range gets hit with his Pounce, and since Montresor is there, that would be min 3 damage, with the change of a trigger for min 5 damage (if only his 1" melee range was better).  The extra soul stones then work with keep Montresor alive, keeping Nix alive, and rapid summoning of The Stolen.

In both variations, the basic premise is run Montresor and Nix up, draw everyone in, Nix mass blights the area with Drink Spirit, everyone has a penalty to Wilpower due to Montresor's Mocking Laughter (and maybe Crooligan's Creepy), so failing the Willpower test is more common.  The Blight stacks up quickly, move the Plague Pits towards the pile up, then Hamelin, Obedient Wretch and the summoned The Stolen lay waste to the blighted things.  All the while, Greed sits nearby plinking people who don't/can't spend soul stones on their turns in the pile, stealing soul stones if she can, and healing whoever needs it (usually Montresor).  

So where do I go?  A) or B)?
... or do you have a C) that doesn't mess with the core set up?

Questions, Comments, Criticism, Concerns, and other words that start with C below. 

I have a counter-offer!

Drop Greed, drop Nix in favour of Benny, get your crooligans and Iggy

Incite is too good to pass up

Uggg, I tried Iggy for a while and he just kept sucking eggs (and Candy as well for the Incite but I found her too expensive for what I got out if her).

Nix is amazing and the key to my Blight Bomb when everyone is all stacked up on Montresor.  He's been my MVP on so many games that I never leave home without him.  Also, I'm not generating enough rats on this list to make Benny worth while.