M3e sculpts

Code 3 Slophauler

Marcus new sculpt seems to be pretty polarizing, I actually think he looks like a Pokemon trainer and prefer his 2e version but I like the vibrancy it brings to the game.  Conversely I have never really liked Myrandas but now it's so much more dynamic, if I were an Arcanist I would probably get both boxes and set them up however I like.  The possibility of change is really exciting and got me thinking about my own faction.  I would replace Trixiebelle with almost any new version but couldn't imagine a more perfect Ulix.

Which models are you hoping for change and which ones seem perfect to you as is?

17 hours ago, Ikiwith said:

I hope a more profitable gremraida box, at least more focus with the bayou. Sammy, BBB, gautreaux bokor and all those kind of models could be nice as some kind of witcher keyword. New swamp models would be great.

I would love to see a more cohesive swamp or voodoo keyword as well.  I love her theme but she is the only Gremlin master that I don't think I will play.  My friend is a NB player and would pick her up in a heartbeat if they update her 

17 hours ago, DanteJH said:

I really want a more dynamic ophelia and Francois model and I’d like some updates scaling if at all possible.

Ophelia is my first love and got me into not only Malifaux but miniatures.  I don't dislike her current pose but I would jump at getting a more dynamic version.  I really like Franc's staredown though, it is the perfect Clint Eastwood stance and would be hard to top for me.  I think Raph could use some love though, his sculpt has less character than most minion models and he deserves better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Code 3 Slophauler said:

I get what they were going for but it is a little too much for me with daughters in the house, if they were going to update any models in Mah's box that would be the one that gets me to repurchase it.

I can see that. I would guess just about everything will be on the re-sculpt agenda over the next couple of years. 

Somer's skeeters. I'd like them to be easier to fit in a Base and transport. I've ended up making my own from sprue cut offs (which look nothing like the actual model)  and just borrow the actual models for tournaments (I may have thrown mine in the bin as a rage quit (my only one) during building. 

The François model is the reason in opted for gremlins. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, DonCheadle said:

Piglets n' War Pigs. Using the same model 9 times gets tough, even when you paint 'em all up different.

I felt the same way - Ended up giving each 2nd sculpture of a piglet, a small sign that indicating what number it was. Ended up working out but was a bit of a hassle.

I’d personally like to see a new version of Som’er. From reading the fluff of Malifaux, he always seemed like an overweight, arrogant and drunk Gremlin who’d be shaped like an old pear. I always imagined him standing much like his vintage-shape, but with a bigger belly and fatter chin. Similar to the Goblin King in Lord of the Rings.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 6:58 AM, GrumpyGrandpa said:

I felt the same way - Ended up giving each 2nd sculpture of a piglet, a small sign that indicating what number it was. Ended up working out but was a bit of a hassle.

I’d personally like to see a new version of Som’er. From reading the fluff of Malifaux, he always seemed like an overweight, arrogant and drunk Gremlin who’d be shaped like an old pear. I always imagined him standing much like his vintage-shape, but with a bigger belly and fatter chin. Similar to the Goblin King in Lord of the Rings.

That's a solid solution, I actually gave my Piglets names and distinctive paintjobs. Dem's Pets, after all. 

That's Goldie, Moo and Rambo from left to right. : )

https://imgur.com/96TW95Y

• Like 3

On 8/13/2018 at 11:58 AM, GrumpyGrandpa said:

I wrote the name of different Spanish politicians on the base to know who is who. Another guy on AWP wrote his ex-girlfriend names xD. But I agree with you, some new piglets sculpts could be good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2018 at 1:07 AM, Code 3 Slophauler said:

I get what they were going for but it is a little too much for me with daughters in the house, if they were going to update any models in Mah's box that would be the one that gets me to repurchase it.

What I've seen, and what I plan to do with mine, is put Trixiebelle sitting. Without the pose, I find the sculpt much more to my liking. And more Gremlin in my mind, but that's personal opinion.

• Like 1

I'd hope for more dynamic posing in general. For every amazing action-oriented model, there's someone just standing around. Consider stock Ototo vs. new Ototo. Stock Ototo = amazing pose.

The change in Raspy is perfect—she's a badass, confident spell-slinger who's stood up to a tyrant and lived to tell the tale. Now, instead of posing demurely, she's got awesome ice boots and is ready to leap into the fray.

Sometimes, static poses work. The girl Crooligan looks perfectly creepy, and the subtle head-tilt that fence post Crooligan's got is such a nice touch. Reva's pose is also spot-on, reflecting how she calmly oversees the battlefield from afar.

The Shieldbearers are another good example. You've got one who's perfect—the ginger—dashing into battle and ready to defend Reva with her life. The other two, however, look like they're caught in the middle of a daydream.

Re: Marcus and Myranda, I love them both. Myranda looks *so* good, and Marcus getting younger fits his whole mythos.

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Nukemouse said:

I despise dynamic poses, they look utterly ridiculous as they are perfectly still models. I don't mind "effects" like fire, magical energy etc but models should look like they are giving the staredown to the enemy, not halfway through a cartwheel.

Would you be talking about Misaki by any chance?

I agree that models can be overly dynamic. I find the Moon Shinobi's to be a good middle ground.

I liked the new poses that were on display at Gencon, especially the mew Snow Storm which I fond to be the best one yet.

All I really want from new sculpts is easier construction!!! No more heads in 4 parts or cloth capes/coat tails in 2 parts or feet separate from legs. Would also appreciate some thought on how the models will actually be transported and used in game without worrying about the single small points of contact to the bases being pulled off.

I would also like to see some small changes to the bases but those suggestions might not be universally desired.

• Like 1

You don't think it's fun to imagine the models in the heat of battle, with steel, bullets and spells flying everywhere? That makes for a much more dynamic experience, the way I see it, rather than looking at two teams walking around while mean-mugging each other.

Besides, dynamic poses are a great way to infuse a model with a sense of character. To bring it back to Ototo, for example—sure, he might tip over from time to time, but there's no denying how brutal that tetsubo of his looks if he's leaping into the air when he swings it.

It's nice that they released an alt where he's doing the exact type of staredown challenge that you enjoy. Now, there's an option for people of either preference.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

I don´t care much about dynamic or not dynamic. I guess a good blend is the best way to go. But I have noticed another thing. From the prototypes we have seen, the models seem to be "thicker" or more compact. I don´t think I like that direction if that is the case. I think the "thin" look from 2e is something that makes malifaux miniatures stand out. The "thicker" look feels more generic to me. Don´t get me wrong. The new Rasputina looks fantastic, but she less Malifaux to me.