Who is the tankiest master now?

Anung Un Rama

Depends on what you need.

I would probably go with df8 Marcus with regen and armour, a df trigger and protection against red joker with positive df flips. Needs myranda and a steam fitter, and a supply of beasts to pass attacks onto, although the jackalope is great for this. 

• Like 1

Do you mean tanky in a sense of how many attacks he can survive or just raw dmg assuming he gets hit?

For example I've had a wonderfull time playing pandora with a draw engine and benefitting from her high defensive stats and the cards I put into her cause I knew she was going to be the main target.

On the other hand I've enjoyed letting brewmaster get hit without spending resources on defending him, just keeping him barely alive and then healing him up with a few sips cause of double healing aura from drinking problem.
Also, Hard to kill, prospector powered (risk and reward), disguised, teathered outcast misaki with a librarian and shang backing her up can be both of the former described. Until she meets a hanged or decaying aura... or titania nowdays (god that upgrade is so good)

btw in the case of surviving bursts of dmg there are a few masters that could be considered unkillable (unless they meet something like the viks or glowy lazarus - multiplying dmg) 

Collodi, hamelin, kirai...

• Like 1

I assumed this was probably referring to which stand alone master is hardest to kill, as opposed to which combination of models makes the most unkillable master. If that's the case, I would say Seamus with mad haberdashery, sinister reputation, and DYKWIA. He's a master with 12 wounds, impossible to wound, HtK, Terrifying (12+), and heals when enemies fail horror duels. He also can ignore a single hit entirely. He can tank an absurd amount of models.

11 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

I think Nellie ranks up there.  The combination of Revisionist History and Run From the Truth is pretty powerful.  The ability to cheat in a Black Joker to squash a powerful attack, or ruin a charge by pushing an enemy away is very frustrating.  Maybe not the tankiest, but definitely pretty tanky.

But she has a gamling problem... at least when stitched togethers are around... =D

• Haha 1

Not sure how the OP define the word "Tanky", but from my stereotype a tank is to soak damage and prevent enemy attacking friend unit. So a master being impossible to kill, such as Leve, Colette , Collodi and etc., is not necessary being tanky. Since the opponent player may not bother to put any effort or resource to attempt to kill the master, and those attack will just go to other models of your crew.

I would say a tanky master should (a.) be killable if the opponent player put enough resources, (b.) have easy access to healing, and (c.) able to limit/control enemy from attacking friendly models.

So the most tanky master IMO would be Ironsides.

• Like 1

Titania has 12 wounds and impossible to wound. She heals when scheme markers are placed within 6 inches. She has upgrades that lets her straight up ignore 1-2 damage on attacks from non-masters and another one that lets her force opponents to attack her rather than other models.

If you want to make Titania tankier you could add that upgrade for extra soulstone prevention. Pretty sure guild can ignore both reduction and soulstone prevention though so she could go down super easy in certain matchups.

Lucius with extra soulstone reduction and a few nearby allies to bleed dry for practically unlimited soulstones and redirecting attacks could potentially ignore massive amounts of damage but he sure as hell wouldn't fulfill the role of an rpg tank. :D

I think many masters are tanky against some attacks and less so against others. A nice flurry of min 6+ attacks (from any number of guild models with debt on them) will make short work of models that think impossible to wound or healing will save them. At the same time there are masters with super amazing triggers but few wounds so blasts or non-resisted pulses will get them fairly easily. Som'er can be pretty hard to pin down since he squeals after resolving so you often only get one attack (unless ignoring triggers of course).

It's hard to dub anyone the ultimate tank in any situation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll throw in a voice for Ironsides, depending on what you mean by tank. If you mean something you throw in to take the heat off the rest of your crew, and survive the hit, Ironsides all the way. Have some steamfitter protection and armor on, throw up challenge aura, and if possible have Amina nearby, she isn't going anywhere. 14 wounds, HtK, Armor 1, immune to severe/RJ damage, a great built in df trigger, and a truly nuts amount of self healing, she has to be a contender. And with challenge aura and her potential for offense, you can't ignore her 

• Like 1