My finished Rail Crew

dope_danny

This one was kind of a big deal for me. I'd painted miniatures before but always guys in full metal armour, 40k necrons, zombies and tree people. Regular people were new, it was also a interesting challenge to try and blend vallejo colours to get a asian skin tone since lots of premade ones were questionably orange or yellow compared to real people from the same region the Ten Thunders come from. Think it turned out okay overall and was quite a learning experience. Definitely love the Rail Golem and it should look great on the tabletop, not too happy with the Emberling as i've never painted anything close to that type of material before.

For the most part though its my first finished painting project in like 13 years and i'm super happy to have something ready for the table beyond just priming 😛

DkPiqUvX4AAZ_VY.jpg

• Like 4

That is a good looking crew you have posted. I also think your Emberling looks good, the molten portions show a gradation of colors reminiscent of cooling material and your rocky portions show some ashing. My only small criticism might be that the color palette tends to loss itself in the basing choice for most of the crew, with the exception of Mei Feng who is visually separable from her base.

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff though.

Yeah the basing was tough for these. I like my bases to be like part of a story. like they all look like cross sections from a diorama or something. With my other crews that was simple when its something like Shaemus and his Rotten Belles, they were easy when its victorian style inner city streets. But the folks that lay down the rail lines to expand the breachside railways? it was hard to come up with something that really gets that across.