Upgrades for Ulix?

Anung Un Rama

1 hour ago, Old Major said:

Got my Ulix crew painted and I’m ready to give them try. What are the typical upgrades people take on him nowadays?

Husbandry and pig midwife. Corn husks for Old Major. Everything else is optional in my book. The hunting bow probably comes next in queue, but I tend to want to do other things with him. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, azog said:

Husbandry and pig midwife. Corn husks for Old Major. Everything else is optional in my book. The hunting bow probably comes next in queue, but I tend to want to do other things with him. 

This.

Husbandry is just flat out mandatory (in so far as anything can be mandatory here). I mean.....I suppose you could play him without summoning pigs? Pig Midwife is also just too good to pass up.

I agree with Azog. 

Husbandry is a must. Same with Corn Husks on majour, having a saddle on majour isn't to bad either. 

My typical Ulix Crew Has Old Majour, Ulik and a Sloap hauler moving as a group. 

Old major can pull both Ulix (From Hitch a Ride) and the Sloap Hauler (From Saddle) With him whenever he moves. This saves Ulixs AP for summoning, and the Sloap hauler can heal up all the damage. 

Piglets with Corn husks should never be underestimated. They can distract enemies from 13 Inchs away so long as they have LOS to Old Majour. 

Typical first turn on Ulix for me is. 

Activate Ulix. - Summon 3 Piglets from major. Then use proper care to help heal major and piglets with proper care. 
Activate Slop Hauler and throw a heal to mop up residual damage on major and Ulik. 
Activate all 3 piglets. Thanks to Corn husks they can walk and still place a scheme marker. Do this to set up 3 sceme markers for Call the port from ulik. 
Then Activate major. Moving forwards and positioning Ulix near the scheme markers. 

This gives you 6 activation before you have to expose your intentions by moving people up field and can lets you read your opents plans a bit. 

• Like 1

What everyone else said.

Husbandry is so obligatory, the could've just printed it on his Card tbh.

as for later turns I had great results with the Hunting-Bow shot in the rear on the Sow.

Also: I think Ulix is one of the most fun and most thematic Masters in the game. I hope you enjoy him as much as I do :)

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

Can summoned models take interacts on turn they were summoned?🤔

No they can't. I suggest custard bomb needs to re think turn one. Granted they can get to a place to drop markers turn 2. But you then are delaying at least 2 activations turn 2. 

I usually take old major the sow and the mechanical pork chop . I summon 1 piglet off each so ulix can fully heal them all back up then i usually drop a scheme marker with each and do a single walk turn 1 so I can get a warpig up start of turn 2 . Summoned stuff can't generally interact on the turn their summoned but their free to scamper off being as I've already got the 3 scheme markers down for the war pig