Kirai crew

Joachim

2 hours ago, Joachim said:

Why are you taking bloody shears? It seems so underwhelming.

Unfortunately they are. The only good thing that I manage to do from time to time when using this upgrade is summoning Goryo outside of enemy that is engaging Kirai, use Shears to push out of combat and hit said enemy with her attack to apply Adversary and then chain to Goryo who charges and probably kills the target.

2 hours ago, Joachim said:

@cedar what is your best spirit beacon target? Do you typically put it on Kirai? I played it on izamu before, as normally a lot of stuff die around him.

Yes, I put it on Kirai - when you use your df/wp trigger to change target to seishin you may save him by wounding Kirai by only 1. In addition, Spirit Anchor (aura that allows Seishin to be summoned when other models are killed) has same range as Blood and wind.

• Like 1

Played my first game as Kirai yesterday and i found very hard to trigger Ikiryo summon... There are so much restrictions to summon her: it must be in BtB, Kirai (or LostLove) must have LoS to summoning spot. With a propper terrain and a skilled opponent Ikiryo is not a treat actualy. Not that Malevolence doesnt work at all - opponent still have to plan his moves and positions very well - it simply works not in the way i imagine it on paper :)

As for Grave Golem - i don't it's worth it. 9ss, 9Wd and it's not a Spirit not an Undead either. Flesh Construct will cost 3ss less, have 13Wd (plus healing) and will trigger Malevolence. 2 Night Terrors will cost 3ss less, will give you 4 summons total, two extra activations and Scheme Markers upon death (with an upgrade). 2 Desperate Mercs will will cost 1ss less, but will give 2ss back upon death, will trigger Malevolence, give you two extra activations and will drop a corpse for Maniacal Laugh or Gravedigger. Don't see and reason why Grave Golem could be a better option. Except of cool looking miniature of course :)

@sagrit

I agree that there are quite a bit of restrictions on it. Though it is a passive aura and the fact that the opponent has to adjust to it already means its impacting your game. You cant keep everything in the aura, but if you summon hanged for example they should be. 

I also sometimes throw izamu into the fray and then move within 6". It's all a bit situational. I never really bank on getting ikyrio out, but I try to position so that my biggest threats are within the aura.

Lost love also has a 1 action to place btb with a henchman within 12". Great for bringing that aura to archie, asura roten, datsu ba, anna lovelace.

All in all, don't work too hard to get ikyrio out. If you put the aura on some threats then the opponent has to makr choices. My philosophy is that the more choices the opponent has to make, the more chance he makes a bad one. And also a 6 aura is no that small, so you can easily get several models in there at a time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sagrit said:

Played my first game as Kirai yesterday and i found very hard to trigger Ikiryo summon... There are so much restrictions to summon her: it must be in BtB, Kirai (or LostLove) must have LoS to summoning spot. With a propper terrain and a skilled opponent Ikiryo is not a treat actualy. Not that Malevolence doesnt work at all - opponent still have to plan his moves and positions very well - it simply works not in the way i imagine it on paper :)

As for Grave Golem - i don't it's worth it. 9ss, 9Wd and it's not a Spirit not an Undead either. Flesh Construct will cost 3ss less, have 13Wd (plus healing) and will trigger Malevolence. 2 Night Terrors will cost 3ss less, will give you 4 summons total, two extra activations and Scheme Markers upon death (with an upgrade). 2 Desperate Mercs will will cost 1ss less, but will give 2ss back upon death, will trigger Malevolence, give you two extra activations and will drop a corpse for Maniacal Laugh or Gravedigger. Don't see and reason why Grave Golem could be a better option. Except of cool looking miniature of course :)

I would point out that you don't need line of sight to the summoning spot, you need line of sight to the summoned model, the Ikiryo.  Given that the Ikiryo is Ht 3, you can often spot it over terrain depending on how the board lays out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clement said:

I would point out that you don't need line of sight to the summoning spot, you need line of sight to the summoned model, the Ikiryo.  Given that the Ikiryo is Ht 3, you can often spot it over terrain depending on how the board lays out.

That's really helpfull, thank you! For everyone, who like me, was confused about Ikiryo summoning, or even (again like me) got outdated information from Google, here is a fresh clarification: