Wave 5 Minion help (Investigators + MH)

Baratta

I order the Investigators + MH from the gencon online shop and I think it will arrive in two weeks(Europe).

I havent used them at all and I see people praise them a lot. Any tips an tricks? I play Nellie/Lucius so I think they will go well with Lucius.

Investigaros seems simple at first sight, 1 card a turn and pushing everything thats 4 from them. Im think Tharalls. How much mileage do you get from the push? Do they move and place scheme to push thralls into engagment (thats my plan) and if it dies I am guessing he can push from his own corpse marke, right?

MH don't seem that great, Stalk condition lookings underwhelming(discard a card to give the stalk condition) to move and shoot, don't they get out of position and go too forward, too fast?

I want to get a leg up before they arrive so any dirty tricks are appreciated!

8 hours ago, Baratta said:

I order the Investigators + MH from the gencon online shop and I think it will arrive in two weeks(Europe).

I havent used them at all and I see people praise them a lot. Any tips an tricks? I play Nellie/Lucius so I think they will go well with Lucius.

Investigaros seems simple at first sight, 1 card a turn and pushing everything thats 4 from them. Im think Tharalls. How much mileage do you get from the push? Do they move and place scheme to push thralls into engagment (thats my plan) and if it dies I am guessing he can push from his own corpse marke, right?

MH don't seem that great, Stalk condition lookings underwhelming(discard a card to give the stalk condition) to move and shoot, don't they get out of position and go too forward, too fast?

I want to get a leg up before they arrive so any dirty tricks are appreciated!

Investigator sure can push from his own corpse.   One of the nice things about both of these models is they aren't really tricksters.  

Investigators often don't lead the way, but they can often hold a flank.  Disguised makes them a lot tougher to take off the board than you'll expect.  I get their pushes going all the time, often just making little positioning adjustments, and the card draw currently has my opponents really frustrated.

The monster Hunters can get out of position if you stalk, but remember you aren't required to do so.  There are opponents you have to watch out for, especially enemy masters, but their damage output, potential card draw, high stats and damage reduction is really effective.  Their push ability really catches people by surprise too. 

• Like 1

If you have Queeg hired to start with (supporting melee with Promises) and standing next to the investigator: have Queeg push 3”, cast his aura of interact on a 0, drop a scheme marker (within 4” of the investigator who pushes he-who-activates-late 3”, then walk. The next two to activate, deployed on either side of the duo, walk, interact (investigator freaks out and pushes activate-late and activating-next-after-the-investigator forward). Investigator activates, picks up Queeg’s marker and a card, walks, schemes (pushes next-guy again), walks. Next-guy and last-to-activate start 6” up the board but still within Queeg’s & investigator’s reaches to scheme on a 0 (investigator pushes in response to board state, now, not fixed) and use their AP as they need to.

There’s now a field of scheme markers behind you if you need to threaten certain schemes or power up attacks. Queeg has lost 2” of move but otherwise your crew had no trade-off for advancing a total of 15” before it activated (I can’t quite get the last guy to stay in the investigator’s range for that last push to the centerline). If you have a supply wagon it’s probably crossed the centerline by now. Corner deployment is no longer a problem. If you brought Lucius, so long as the investigator lives nobody can be trapped in combat if they don’t want to be. I like these guys and their ceaseless disruption of the board.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

If you have Queeg hired to start with (supporting melee with Promises) and standing next to the investigator: have Queeg push 3”, cast his aura of interact on a 0, drop a scheme marker (within 4” of the investigator who pushes he-who-activates-late 3”, then walk. The next two to activate, deployed on either side of the duo, walk, interact (investigator freaks out and pushes activate-late and activating-next-after-the-investigator forward). Investigator activates, picks up Queeg’s marker and a card, walks, schemes (pushes next-guy again), walks. Next-guy and last-to-activate start 6” up the board but still within Queeg’s & investigator’s reaches to scheme on a 0 (investigator pushes in response to board state, now, not fixed) and use their AP as they need to.

There’s now a field of scheme markers behind you if you need to threaten certain schemes or power up attacks. Queeg has lost 2” of move but otherwise your crew had no trade-off for advancing a total of 15” before it activated (I can’t quite get the last guy to stay in the investigator’s range for that last push to the centerline). If you have a supply wagon it’s probably crossed the centerline by now. Corner deployment is no longer a problem. If you brought Lucius, so long as the investigator lives nobody can be trapped in combat if they don’t want to be. I like these guys and their ceaseless disruption of the board.

Thanx, will try it out! I play Lucius in Supply Wagon, havent used Queeg once since I bought him.