Gen Con 2018 Coverage

3 hours ago, Trample said:

Yeah, it does look like the paired scheme is always built in so you have 3x2 scheme scoring and 4 potential from the strategy. In addition to the melee ranges tightening up is appears schemes will as well. Dig Their Graves is now scored for a scheme marker within 1"! That is exponentially more difficult than the way it is today but, if they enemy is in base contact you get your full two right away. 

I wonder if, based on the way these are worded, if you can only score from a given scheme once per game. Most have a 1 point base and a 1 point bonus. It looks like that may be the case. I hope not. I like the game play right now where you identify a scheme (like Dig Their Graves) and work to avoid it or achieve it once it has been revealed. If it is structured the way it appears, all of the game play will be centered around guessing which schemes your opponent took. Also an important part of the game, but it may be the only part. 

These are easier things to change though.  

It's a beta, so the language isn't final.  Based on what we see though most of these are once per game (Dig their Graves) when you reveal, or end of game, or when a noted model dies or whatever.  Setup seems to be doable multiple times, but my suspicion is that would change in the final.

Breakthrough was a go to for a lot of crews when M2E launched.  New Breakthrough's bonus vp condition is... unpleasant. 

13 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Kk. So to the best info we have right now global based on the keyword the master has?

Seamus is gonna get a new one then most likely. I would have thought it was belle, but if, again speculation, the master has to have the keyword they hire I doubt they gave him the belle keyword, 

Don’t like the card size, do like how elegant and clean everything looks at the moment.

Strong disagree.

I want a Seamus resculpt where he's wearing a pretty dress and has the Belle keyword.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, Brandu said:

I've seen the pictures, but hard to tell without a frame of reference...

Anyone know the actual dimensions or can picture it next to a fate deck card?

An upgrade card (smaller) is behind a stat card (larger). Can you extrapolate actual sizes from that?

33 minutes ago, dope_danny said:

It would be interesting if theres some set up destructable stuff. Like during a game can you block an alleyway with a wagon or something that can be destroyed or something.

It's a terrain attribute like Impassable and Blocking. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to define other terrain that way. I could see some wood fences, crates, and a wagon that end up on the tables at my FLGS getting defined as Destructible. 

Hopefully it’s only applicable as a trait on crew created terrain. There were breakable terrain rules in 1e and they were a nightmare to deal with in my experience.

No issues if players can destroy shards, or ice walls, or pyre markers. But once you can start destroying anything else it becomes so hard to model accurately on the table unless the terrain is specifically constructed to accommodate that. Really do not want to see that trait return in a general sense.

• Agree 5

29 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Are there any new or sneak peak models out yet? Maybe a look at some of the new masters? I can't seem to find any pictures from GenCon of Malifaux besides the cards posted here. 

None publicly.  We only have these photos because they're being used for demos at GenCon.  I assume the rest of the masters are out there, but under NDA.  So even if someone had those rules/art/whatever, they shouldn't be sharing them. 

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

They usually have a display case up with unreleased stuff. Just hoping for some of that, but they may not have brought anything this year with M3E and ToS taking so much time.

Oh!  There was a 20 minute facebook video posted to Wyrd Place yesterday that runs through the display cases...

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

They usually have a display case up with unreleased stuff. Just hoping for some of that, but they may not have brought anything this year with M3E and ToS taking so much time.

The GenCon video on the spot mostly had The Other Side models in the pre-production plastic, including Kirai-Earthside and Sonnia-Earthside, but in another area there were what looked like Malifaux crew sets, confirmed to be Basse and Lucius, and at least Lady Justice (I have to rewatch to see if that’s a set behind her or not).

11 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

An upgrade card (smaller) is behind a stat card (larger). Can you extrapolate actual sizes from that?

No, because I have no idea what the dimensions are of the upgrade card. If there was a Fate Deck card in the picture, then, yes. 

12 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Are there any new or sneak peak models out yet? Maybe a look at some of the new masters? I can't seem to find any pictures from GenCon of Malifaux besides the cards posted here. 

Here to the left of the front row is the new Guild master. Next to him is the Executioner.
CUrld-t1DKg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think I forgot to publish these here. Some images of new models. Kirai and Ikiryo are looking like on The Other Side art. But they are on the same shelf as other Malifaux models. 

ykv1GbJazFI.jpg

Here Lady J is next to some what I believe is a TOS guy with big gun on the barricade.
 h_Sqd-y28FU.jpgtM0DLX90IMM.jpg

Sonnia Creed and some TOS guys again. 

OJLAjGT5x1I.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

Just didn't come across well in the orange print. In the art it's very Asian looking.

6722177848b4a4b7dc0d3cffbf897114_origina

Except a Japanese Kimono would never flare like that... kimonos are like a dressing gown, the split goes all the way from the top to the bottom. So if it flared like the picture, you get an awful lot of leg! A real kimono fits pretty much like a column on both sides.

The upper half is great. Still, it's one of their better attempts, and IMO, their best Kirai sculpt.

• Agree 1